cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max no of hierachy level in Functional Location

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PM Guru,

1. when i tri to create a FL, system give a error msg that "30 places are available for the functional location label. However, the label that you    entered is 31 characters long".

2. can anybody explain the max no of hierachy level posible for FL.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Payal,

I do not know the reason for testing this type of Edit mask and Str. Indicator. I simulated the same and found that there is no error triggered beyond 30char F/Location. It is getting through very well. No issues.

About the query that How many levels? I answer it as any number of levels. So far I never encountered either system or Structure indicator stopped me. Because, you can forcibly place any functional location irrespective of whether it is as per defined hierarchy levels.

Hope you've followed.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

can we create hierarchy levels more then 40... if yes then How???

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As a reply I'd ask why 40, why not 50. We'll get to know only when we reach to those levels where system stops. So far no-one would have ever tried such a hierarchy levels.

Just try this way in dev server: Keep on putting 40 different Functional locations one under another in sequence, irrespective of their edit mask sequence. (This can be done by specifying previous F/Locn in the Functional Location field of the Structure tab). And see where system stops you.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Payal,

I tried for you 32 levels. See the 1st and 2nd picture attached. No restriction. You can continue like this and tell the forum where system stopped you. Now there is a learning from question like this too. The IH01 display says that it can not display more than 30 levels. But note that no restriction of hierarchy levels as I told you already.

KJogeswaraRao

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for Your Valuable Input..

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Payal Gupta,

You can use different structure indicators in your hierarchy, and therefore 40 characters doesn't limit the number of levels as suggested above.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Payal,

It's possible to have 40 levels, though this wouldn't be very practical. There are 40 characters in the mask and each character can be a new level.

Regards

Vivek Patil

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello  Payal,

For your information:

I used IL04 for creating multiple F/Lcations at one go.

I used CC04 for Drag and Drop of F/Locns one under another like shown in pictures.

If you have more queries please ask.

KJogeswaraRao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

any Input From Your Side????????????