cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender jdbc adapter needs to only read the data but not update for testing.Is this possible?

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a JDBC to proxy scenario.But the source team has only one DB and that is Production, for this new interface I have to use that DB for testing purpose.Now, since that is Prod system , I can't update anything in that.So is there any way that I can only read from the source DB but do not update it in SQL query?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Muniyappan and Prasanth,

I tried TEST command but it gives me error:

"Database-level error reported by JDBC driver while executing statement 'TEST'. The JDBC driver returned the following error message: 'java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement '. For details, contact your database server vendor."

@Prasanth : Do you mean to say that we can write TEST only when we use Stored Procedure in which we update the DB too?

I just want to read data but not update.

former_member192851
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Write <TEST> in Update not TEST.

former_member184948
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I tired all combinations :

test

<test>

TEST

<TEST>

nothing works

For now I used a work around as writting an update statement which would not update anything,means the "where" condition wont find any row to update.

UPDATE RT_FINISHROLL SET DTOIMPDD = SYSDATE WHERE DTOIMPDD IS 'Random_text_which_wont_fetch_anything'.

but still I would like to know if SAP standard TEXT works with others or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

from <help.sap>

If you want the data determined from the Query SQL Statement to remain in the database unchanged after being sent successfully, enter <TEST>.This is recommended if the data has not only been read, but also changed by a stored procedure entered under Query SQL Statement.

Also needs to focus on database transaction type you selected in advanced parameters and also option like- 'Disconnect from Database After Processing Each Message'.

Regards,prasanth