Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Planning Table - forward scheduling and entry of planned orders

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using the product planning table (PPT) to enter planned orders manually from an external system.

The issue we face is that we need to use forward scheduling but the PPT does not support entry of planned orders with forward scheduling, the row "pl ordes..." is greyed out = not ready for input. I was searching on that issue and found out that the reason was the strategy setting = forward scheduling.

Now my question is: is it really not possible to enter planned orders with strategy forward?

and another question: if there is demand in particular day, e.g. purchase requisition placed on Monday 3.8. and time 12:00, and I enter manually planned order, the system uses this time 12:00 as the required time and schedules backwards the planned order. But we would like the order to be placed from the end day of that day, 23:59:59. What I would have to do to make the sytem not consider the demand on that day. Why, cause the purchase requistions are automatically placed at 12, and once wecreate the pl orders the logistics team will reschedule them for the whole week.

thank you in advance for all hints!

best regards,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

You have to choose chart Production view: Periodic. In this view you have access to enter values and then if you double click in the order you can change the start date of the order.

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

thank you.

I am using product view: periodic in the PPT but when strategy forward is used, the pl order... row is grey, I cannot enter any quantity in.

?is it possible to use forward scheduling strategy so the pl order qty entered will be scheduled forward?

best reagrds,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

In product view is not possible! But why you are not working with production view periodic?

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marius,

that was exact what I needed...I got used to product view:periodic.

I rewarded your answer

One question: We also wanted to see the order quantity split by period => I activated the distributed qty in user settings, it works perfect though we have no GLEI - distribution key in the production version.

Now we can see the split order qty per period but we would also like to see the split of dependent demand for the components... but at the moment we cannot use glei key in the bom item.

Is there a possibility to see the split of dependent demand per day without glei key in the bom item?

thanks again for your help!

best regards,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi,

Nope, sorry but I don't know another possibility!

Thanks,

Regards, Marius

Answers (0)