Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment heuristic

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding the logic of deployment heuristic.

We run SNP heuristic weekly on Sundays in weekly buckets and deployment heuristic Sunday - Thursday night.

In my example there is deployment stock order in week 32 with 68.400 PC. When I run the deployment heuristic in snp planning book with settings, delete snp orders and real time (not referring to last snp run), the deployment stock order disappeared.

I checked then the three distribution centers we ship this product to and saw that two of them are fine, still above the defined 20 days of supply but the third location dropped down to 6 days of supply tough this product has 21 days of supply in product master data in that location.

Question: Is the deployment heuristic not considering at all at the stock situation at the receiving plant?

If not, what is the distribution heuristic logic / what does it consider?

thank you in advance for your input!

best regards,

Pilvi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi

Kindly request you to check the following link which will provide the detail information regarding Deployment Heuristics.

As it consider multiple parameters, it´s difficult to comment unless and untill we know the parameters.

Request you to go through the link and let us know if it helps or provide more concrete information.

Deployment Heuristic - Deployment - SAP Library

Thanks

Amol

former_member275015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

thank you for the link. I will go through it today.

We use push by demands and have push deployment horizon of 735 days. Last Friday we
also added snp checking horizon of 14 days as logistics people create STOs for next week already of Thursday.

deployment runs daily Sunday - Thursday at night in weekly buckets.

best regards,

Pilvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pilvi

Look for demand % coming from 3 DCs and check if your supply is getting distrusted into similar proportions. In case you want to also consider safety stock then ideally you should look for Push Distribution Taking the Safety Stock Horizon into Account.

Thanks

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I am not an expert on the subject but the real time deployment assumes a quota of 100% between a source and destination. Could this be the reason?

Also, were you able to find a resolution?