cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating to a different layer on select event from chart view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are in the process of building a dashboard application using VC 7.0 NW2004s SP09.

I have a chart which displays the customer sales compariosn with the current and previous months. When the user selects any of the points in the chart, I want to have a drill down layer which displays other details about that particular customer.

How can i do this using layers?

I tried to add a select event. The event is getting fired, but the details layer never shows up.

Can any one suggest a soultion for this?

Thanks alot in Advance

Shobin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think select event will trigger layer transition.

You can add a toolbar button with a custom event in the chart and a button with system action "History Back" in the details form.

Connect the output port of chart to the dataservice which gives details for the second layer.

Use the custom action defined for the toolbar button in chart to drive the layer transition from chart layer to details layer

hop it helps

Regards,

Sooraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobin,

I think navigating automatically to another layer is not possible, I think. (Didn't try it myself). But Mario suggested a nice and well working workaround. Have a look at this: <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/vc/tabstripswithnested+iViews&">Tabstrips with nested iViews</a>

You can use the select-event to enable the visibility of the tables/forms you want to show.

If anybody knows how to switch layers automatically, I'd be glad to know, too,

Best Regards, Benni