cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is GRC configuration client dependent or independent ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am planning to create a new client in GRC Sand Box system which is already configured for AC and PC. In this new client we plant to do configuration one more time and this is for training and learning purpose.

My question here is if Basis team creates a new blank client in the system, does it copy any exiting SPRO settings from the previous client configuration? If Not I am good to go. But again, If i make any config settings in the new client, are they going ti impact my existing client?

Ultimately I would like to know if allGRC configuration settings are client dependent or are there any client independent settings that I need to keep in view before making the settings in new client.

Many Thanks in Advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Punna,

MSMP Workflow Configuration is Client specific.But this is just one entity of GRC AC. So, as Colleen has mentioned, it depends on the tables, in which data is stored.

you can see all the tables and views in SE80->GRAC_ADAPTORS(Package)->Dictionary Objects

Regards

Plaban

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Punna,

It mix of both workbench and customizing.

lot of BC set activation are part of workbench.and lot of configuration are customizing.

hence once you create new client you need to verify.

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasant,

Thanks for your reply. If BC sets are workbench, then it looks like its contradicting Colleen statements above. I see that I am missing some thing here. Can some one help me understand this in detail please.

Thanks,

Punna.

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Punna,

Not all BC set activation are workbench, as said you need to verify it.

as u have a client existing already, you can verify using SE01, look for your TR.

you can find it out.

What Colleen say is correct but you need to verify your TRs,

Regards,

Ptrasant

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just add, any changes to document class for notification is workbench.

Regards,

prasant

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Punna

you can figure this out by checking if the configuration table has the field MANDT for client

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Thanks for your reply. Are you referring to the Tables : GRACV_CONFIGSET and SCPRACTP. If so,  I don't see client field for config Table. Does that mean GRC parameter configurations are client independent ? I think  if the above statement is true, it does not help my case because if I change any config parameters in new client, it will change them at system level. Is my understanding right? Please help me.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Punna

yes, if the table doesn't contain the client field it cannot store different versions

Why do you need multiple clients for AC?

Regards

Colleen