cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use in a calculation a fixed value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I have a strange requirement for Lumira. I need to have number divided by the total of a dimension that is not in the visualization

For example i Have a table that list sales by Item Group name. I need to create a calculated Measure that dives the sales between the number of invoices. (the number of invoices is another measure). The requirement is that the calcuted measure be al the Invoices , not the invoices of that Item Group.

For example, in July the where 500 Invoices. Sales of July of Item Group name 1 are 1,000,000 . It should be 1,000,000/500 , but when i put invoices in the table, Lumira counts only the Invoices that have that Item Group, for example 100. It is not wrong but not what i need. Any ideas ? When doing the Calculated Measure, it divides 1,000,000 /100 I dont see a functions that adds all the values.

Regards

Héctor Santos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AlexBW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hector!

In the Lumira RoadMap (https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000212382013E.pdf) in the Planned Innovations section mentioned, that formula language will be enhanced and following expressions will be possible:

{Sales} for {country}.Canada

{Sales} / (SUM({Sales}) FOR [{Year}, {Quarter}]) AS {Ratio}

{Sales} / {Product}.PARENT().{Sales} AS {Fraction of Parent}

{Sales} / {Product}.ROOT().{Sales} AS {Fraction of Total}

It will solve your problem

Regards

Alexey

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

AlexBW
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Hector!

I used "Percentage Of" function (Current Group Invoice Count / Grand Total) and then hope to create calculated measure:

Current Group Invoice Count/ (Current Group Invoice Count / Grand Total),

but  created % calculation is not available in the Calculated measure dialog

And function "Percentage Of" also not available here  - need to post idea

antonette_oberholster
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Hector

What does it do when you:

1. Create a new measure from dimension Invoice No and specify the aggregation as Count (Destinct) (Count all the invoices by their unique id's)

2. Create a new calculation where you simply say Sales / (new measure above)

Regards

Antonette

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Antonette

The issue is that it counts only the invoices that have that item group but I need to count all invoices, regardless of it is in those invoices or not. Any suggestion ?

Regards

Héctor