cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS: Originals in a document not showing "Description"

0 Kudos

Hello all,

We are relatively new to DMS in PM. We have used "Services as objects" in the past and have seen its ill effects. We finally took a bold step and asked all our users to stop using that.

When I have more than one originals in a document and I use this document in a technical object, upon clicking the display button

(eye glasses) I don't see the description of the originals. Instead it shows me the file type of the original.

When there is only one original in the document, it directly opens the original when display button is clicked.

Because of this issue, we are having to create a document for each original. I have tried taking a dip in the configuration but couldn't spot any specific place where it would let me change this particular setting.

Here's a screenshot of what I see when I try to display a document which has more than one originals. Don't you think the description should be the name of the file?

http://medias.photodeck.com/eb113e7c-b9df-4ba3-a5a5-128066f08266/DMS_Issue_xlarge.jpg

Any suggestion would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Sumer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumer,

This is because you are not maintaining Description in Original Attributes and by default system is taking workstation application description.

Go to CV02N, select the original and click on Original Attrib.

Add the description for each original and then check.

/Tilak Raj

0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Tilak. This makes sense. I tried putting the description in and it is working as expected. I can see why SAP didn't make the original file name the "Description".

I really appreciate your help on this.

-Sumer.

Answers (0)