Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redistribution Files

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I always have this problem. I have wrote a web based application which works fine with Crystal Reports XI. I have now been asked to install it on to a Windows Server 2012 64bit but I cannot find the correct install for the re-distribution files.

Can anyone please help me find the correct re-distribution setup files?

Many Thanks,

Roger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Crystal Reports XI is old and has been out of support for several years.  It is not officially supported on Win Server 2012.

However, if you do a search here (top right of your screen) on "Crystal XI Windows 2012" (without the quotes), you'll find a wealth of information about this configuration and how you might be able to get it to work even though it's not supported.

-Dell

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

So would it be best to buy the latest version? Also is it free to deploy to 3rd party web servers?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The latest version of Crystal does not come with an SDK.  Instead, you need to download it from here:    Use the latest version of the "Install Executable" for integration with Visual Studio.  The other installs are various types of runtime installs to use when deploying your application.  This version of the SDK only works with Visual Studio 2010 or newer (not 2015 yet - that will come with the next service pack).

Also, this SDK does not "play well" when installed side-by-side with an older version of the Crystal SDK.

-Dell

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thank you for your reply. I have downloaded and install the following MSI on our server:-

Support Pack 14

(v.13.0.14.1720)

But I am still getting this error:-

Inner Exception Type: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LoadSaveReportExceptionInner Exception: An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime. Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly. Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required.  Please go to http://www.businessobjects.com/support for more information.Inner Source: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.EngineInner Stack Trace:    at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.CheckForCrystalReportsRuntime()   at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument..cctor()

The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Roger

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok I am really confused now. I have installed on my development PC Crystal XI and VS2010. In my web application I have added references to CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine and Shared version 11.5.3700.0.

Which deployment do I need to get this to work on a Windows Server 2012 R1?

Any help please,

Roger

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Is the best approach to purchase Crystal Reports 2013 and then get the latest SDK for VS2010? Then which MSI will I need to install on the Windows Server 2012?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Crystal XI SDK will NOT work with that configuration - it is not supported on either VS 2010 or Win Server 2012.

1.  Make sure you uninstall the Crystal XI SDK - the new SDK does not "play well" when installed side-by-side with the old one.

2.  If you're going to use VS2010, download and install the latest SP of SAP Crystal for Visual Studio from here:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824.  Use the "Install Executable" to get the integration into VS. This is available for free whether you have Crystal 2013 or not.

3.  Use the runtime installs from the above link to install the SDK with your application.  DO NOT install one of them on the development machine.

The new SDK will work with reports created in Crystal XI, so you will NOT have to upgrade the reports.  However, the upgrade is very simple, just open a report in the new version (even in Crystal in VS) and save it.

-Dell

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also, the version of the runtime that you install will depend on your application.  DO NOT target your application for "Any CPU" - you'll need to specifically select either 32-bit or 64-bit.  You'll then install one of the SDK Runtimes for that "bit-ness".  Most people are using the .msi installs for the runtime.

-Dell

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thank you so much for your reply. I have attached a screen shot of what I have installed on my developers PC. From the link above I am still not sure which one I should be installing on our Windows Server 2012.

From the download page, are the table columns simply different ways to install the SDK? I don't seem to be able to find the one's for the server.

Sorry to sound thick,

Regards,

Roger

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have installed on my development PC the latest Install EXE. In the existing web application I was referencing:-

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine     11.5.3700.0

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Shared     11.5.3700.0

I removed these and dropped the Crystal Reports Viewer on to a blank web form and this added the same as above plus others to my project but version 13. Great I thought but when I try and run my application I get the following errors:-

Error 21 Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/preview.aspx

Error 22 Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/preview.aspx

Error 23 Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/preview.aspx

Error 24 Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/preview.aspx

Error 25 Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.XmlSerialize, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/preview.aspx

Error 26 Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ObjectFactory, Version=12.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/preview.aspx

Error 27 Unknown server tag 'CR:CrystalReportViewer'. aspnet_client/system_web/4_0_30319/crystalreportviewers13/preview.aspx

Can you please help? I can no long run my application.

Many Thanks,

Roger

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

I have resolved the problem above by renaming 12 to 13 in the preview.aspx however on this line:-

ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, Page.Response, False, "")

I get 'The system cannot find the path specified.' and I am not sure why because this works on another server with Windows 2008 R2.

I have put traps in and I know it loaded the report okay but it errors on the line above.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to uninstall the 11.5 SDK!  If you have Crystal XI r2 installed on this machine, then you'll need to do a "update" install on it to remove the .NET SDK but leave the Crystal application.  The version 13 SDK will NOT work when installed side-by-side with the version 11.5 SDK.

For installing on the server, I suggest that you use one of the .msi files from the link above.  Which one will depend on how you've compiled your application.  Again, DO NOT compile it for "Any CPU", pick either "x86" or "x64" as the Platform Target.

-Dell

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you again for your advice. I have everything working on my development PC and it now loads the web form which references Crystal. But for some reason when I use the command ExportFormatType.PortableDocFormat, Page.Response, False, "") it reports an exception 'The system cannot find the path specified.' However on Windows server 2008 R2 it works fine.

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

My solution say 'Active config Debug AnyCPU. How do I select x64?

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be in the project properties.  I know for sure that's where it is for C# projects, not sure for other types of projects.

-Dell

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member1261230
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have had to go back to my original setup adding CrystalDecisions.CrystaReports.Engine 11.5.3700 and CrystalDecisions.Shared 11.5.3700 but now on my development PC I get Failed To Load Report error on all reports.

I have installed Crystal XI R2 SP6 for creating my reports and have installed:-

SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework (64-bit) 13.0.14.1720

SAP Crystal Reports version for Microsoft Visual Studio 13.0.14.1720.

The reason I have had to go back is because on our new server Windows 2012 R1 when I install the runtimes and try and print I get an exception on the HTTPExport saying The System could not find the path specified. I have outputted the path and it looks fine.

Any help much appreciated,

Roger