cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc Receiver with RFC registered program ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have a scenario ECC(IDOC)-PI-LIMS(IDOC), where idocs are sent from ECC to LIMS (non-sap). To send the idocs to LIMS, there is a program id registered in an RFC in PI, and one service in LIMS (idocReceiver) that downloads the idocs from this program id. The communication channel is an Idoc Receiver where the RFC is indicated.

This scenario was working fine until we upgraded from PI 7.0 to PI 7.4, and now, if more than one idoc is sent at the same time, the idocReceiver service merges and scrambles the idocs in one single message.

¿Do you have any idea why this is happening and how can it be solved?

Regards,

Ivan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The idocs are arriving to PI and passing to LIMS individually.

This is the configuration:

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

You can not use Program Id with IDoc (ABAp Stack) adapter. It has to be RFC Sender adapter.

Also the RFC Destination used for IDoc adapter (Classical) should be of Type ABAP. To maintain Program ID for your SAP Gateway, you need to create TCP/IP Type Destination.

Please go to SM59 and check the RFC Destination maintained in your IDoc Receiver Channel.

Regards,

Nabendu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabendu,

¿What do you mean that I "can not use Program Id with IDoc (ABAp Stack) adapter"?

Regards,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigaloff,

After upgraded to 74, can you please check the settings in sender channel - inbound message settings like selected multiple IDOc's in single XI message and also settings for receiver channel parameter-packaging required.

If you want to compile multiple IDoc XML of the same message type/IDoc type/CIM type into one IDoc, in the Outbound Message Settings section, select Packaging Required and enter the Package Size to specify the maximum number of IDoc XMLs to be put into an IDoc. It is also possible to specify the packaging timeout and packaging memory size in the channel configuration via the properties Package Wait Time (milliseconds) andPackage Memory (bytes). See SAP Note 1973427

Regards,prasanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but I'm using the standard Idoc adapter (not AAE).

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Okay. I assume your PI version is 7.4 dual stack.

Can you check in IDOC receiver channel, whether did you enable anything in the channel level which is doing this scrambling.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, dual stack. In the receiver channel there are just a few options, and are identical as in PI 7.0

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

Can you let me know how exactly the IDOC's are coming to PI system, are they coming in a package i.e. single message or individually.

If it is coming individual, then it should not be a issue at the receiver end also, as every IDOC is independent on each other.

Please share some screen shots of the issue.

Regards

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan,

In the IDOC_AAE receiver channel, make sure Packing option is not checked.

Regards

ridvan_polat
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sigaloff,

Did you check the Package Wait Time parameter on Receiver IDoc channel.

Configuring Communication Channel for a Receiver IDoc Adapter (AAE) - Advanced Adapter Engine - SAP ...

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1973427

Regards,

Ridvan Polat