SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment Group "utilities configuration attributes"

former_member710155
Participant
0 Kudos

Good afternoon experts

We are in a sap-crm ehp2 landscape and we are preparing to implement configurable products (w lean configuration) and product packages.

I am now trying to find out what is the role of the "utilities configuration attributes"  assignment group, found at product level.

The description under the tab title is "External Parameter of an IS-U contract".

Could you please share some of your experience on this subject.

Best regards

Razvan Zainea

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's a lot of documentation available in SAP Service Marketplace, under Utilities Industry . Look in the CRM category, under cookbooks and guidelines.

You or your end client should have an SAP logon ID . You will need to log into the marketplace to view the documents.

They are almost all in PDF format, so I'm not able to attach with this post (PDF not allowed).

There is one that I downloaded for ISU/CRM  Product config.

Regards,

Ivor

Message was edited by: William Eastman

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's a lot of documentation available in SAP Service Marketplace, under Utilities Industry . Look in the CRM category, under cookbooks and guidelines.

You or your end client should have an SAP logon ID . You will need to log into the marketplace to view the documents.

They are almost all in PDF format, so I'm not able to attach with this post (PDF not allowed).

There is one that I downloaded for ISU/CRM  Product config.

Regards,

Ivor

0 Kudos

Good morning Ivor

Thank you for your reply.

I've already checked both the documentation on sap service market place (Defining products and product packages & ISU CRM Contract integration) and the isu crm courses (IUT255 & IUT260).

This assignment group is not mentioned.

Think I will be looking for some notes.

In the meantime any other input would be appreciated.

Razvan Zainea

0 Kudos

Hello Razvan, can you share some screen shots as to what you are referring to please?

Thank you.

James

0 Kudos

Good afternoon

I've inserted a screen shot of the assignment group in question.

Also allow me to add a few details:  

-  sap isu - crm 7 ehp 2 landscape

-  we will be using lean configuration with out IPC

I've found note 1158251 - ISUCRM: Utilities contracts FAQ which mentions:

CRM_ISU_ATTR "ISU: Attributes for the Contract" (when the parameters of the simplified

configuration should be visible for each individual product).

Any further details on using the tab would be appreciated.

Best regards

Razvan Zainea

0 Kudos

Hello Razvan.  CRM_ISU_ATTR, in conjunction with CRM_ISU_VALUES, was used up to a point with the introduction of CRM_ISU_ATTR2 there is an alternate approach.  The set type CRM_ISU_ATTR was used to previously directly assign product-dependent attributes then this could have been used.  Now...you should be able to configure the lean attributes directly within the IMG and have these readily available to you in contract management.  Instead of using CRM_ISU_ATTR against your product hierarchy try using CRM_ISU_ATTR2 instead.  Some of this is mentioned in the guide located at https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700000265672014E/Pakete_Verkauf_e.pdf, section 3.2.1.4.

Regards,

James

0 Kudos

Hello James

Thank your for your follow up.

In this case we will be using only the new assignment group with set type CRM_ISU_ATTR2.

Best regards

Razvan Zainea