cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Text of Info object in F4 help of Bex result

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am on   7.4 when i am running on bex during F4 i am getting the long text as the heading where as in my older version it was showing the short text of the infoobject name.

Do you have any idea on this !!!    7.4 on hana sp 11

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The description you're referring to, corresponds to the description given for the BEx variable.

Please check the description of the BEx manual input variable.

Br, Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harish

But this issue i am getting after migrating to 7.4 on 7.3 its good with me because i am doing the rigorous testing so i want everything should be the same.

Regards

karan

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to play with the TEXT TYPE and BEX DESCRIPTION options..

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed

This is not the issue actually when we run query and on the variable input we F4 for to selct the value so in the heading i am getting the

I am getting Long description instead of short description .

In my earlier system i.e on 7.3 i am getting short. where as in 7.4 i am getting this long

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about just giving both Long and Short the same description?

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

HEy Loed

Smart answer , I appreciate

But do you think is that possible for every info object. SAP should have given something for this.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May I ask why you wanted to see the SHORT description instead of LONG? Do you have any error or something? Or you only like your 7.4 server to behave very similar with your 7.3 before? If its the latter, maybe we can ask SAP's help for any suggestion?

Regards

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because i want it to be like this way that what ever the look was earlier it should be that only in the current version....

Yes please if you do me a favour.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok let's just wait for Edward's reply..

Regards,

Loed