cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rule using 'Lookup' for Material characteristics duplicate check in SAP

0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using Information Steward 4.2 - Data Insight - Rules.

We have successfully tested Uniqueness / Duplicate checks in SAP for Customer Master and Vendor Master using

'lookup' function to lookup SAP table in Information Steward Rule.

Example of lookup function :

lookup('HR', 'dbo.Orders', 'customer_name', $name, 'order_type', 7, 'order_id', null)

Result: Returns the column order_id if there is a row with customer_name=$name and order_type=7 from table HR.dbo.Orders

Now we are trying to set up Uniqueness / Duplicate checks in SAP for Material Master & its characteristics.

i.e  We want to check in SAP if another material with same characteristics exists

But since Material Characteristics data is not available in a single table and flat format like other tables, we are not able to use a table directly for the Lookup function in Information Steward.

Has anyone implemented such a lookup for duplicate check of Material Characteristics in Information Steward with SAP ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for the replies. However, the issue is that Material and its characteristics are not available in a single flat table unlike other tables, making it difficult to create these views.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's the whole purpose of the ETL process I proposed: transform your source data into a single table. DS has all the functionality for building such a transformation job.

0 Kudos

I'm probably missing some point here. but from your question it seems like you need to take AUSP table and join it with MARA in information steward, create a view in IS where it will have all the fields you need. now if you run uniqueness on this view by characteristics it should bring you the duplicate count. 

0 Kudos

Hi,

I would create a view from 2 tables to include characteristics with material in one single view, and than do a lookup against a view.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could consider ETL'ing (with SAP Data Services, of course) into a single table (or view) in a staging area in your relational database, then do the lookupagainst the table.

FYI, I normally don't use ERP as a data source in SAP Information Steward, I copy ERP data to a database first and start my work from there.