cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer the requirements class of the costumer in an ATO process for the decision of compensate or no compensate the planning product requirements?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I will explain my situation in order to formulate my doubt:

We are working in SAP with Assembly to order.

Finish product = Semifinish product + assembly

in our example:

X = Y + assembly

We are planning in the semifinish product (Y) in the plant A.

We fulfill manually the Planned Independent Requirements at the semifinish level with VSFB requirement type:

in md04 transaction:

Then at the finish product level we receive the customer orders:

The customer orders have associated a customer requirement type:

Four our products the customer requirement type can be YA10 (compensate) or YA20 (not compensate).

From YA10 customer requirements type of our finish products, we would like to transfer the behavior to compensate with the Planned Independent Requirements of the semifinished products.

From YA20 customer requirements type of our finish products, we would like to transfer the behavior to NOT compensate with the Planned Independent Requirements of the semifinished products.

*(In a non ATO process where finish product = to planning product it works)

The problem is that with the Customer Requirements type from the finish products, a Reservation Order in the semifinished is created and this Reservation Order doesn't have the information of the requirement type from the Customer Order.

As the reservation Order is not transferring the requirements type of the customer order, is always compensating the Planned Independent Requirements because only "look" that are VSFB.

We would like to have the behavior of compensation or non compensation on the semifinish product PIRs in dependence of the Customer Requirement type of the finish product.

As you can see now in the example, the customer requirement class is YA20 (no compensation) and is compensating with the PIRs of the semifinish product.

The yellow PIR are already compensated by the OrdRes from 21.07.2015:

How could I correct this behavior?

Thanks a lot for your support!!!

PD:

YA20 example:

Item cat: YA20

Req type: 041

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please don't consider the last info: PD: Item cat YA20 Req type 041.

Thanks for your time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ernst,

I understand your requirement and looks very difficult with standard as the consumption of the PIR of assembly is happening based on the dependent Demand from its header (i understand mixed MRP indicator is set)  and as your rightly pointed out, there is no difference in the dependant demand created from different type of orders for header.

But, i would like understand one thing.  i understand, you are planning for assembly so how are you going to plan for them in case of "non-compensated' orders?  as anyway, you are consuming them for those orders right?  isnt those are unplanned withdrawal and affect ur planning?

hope you got my point?    i am sure you might have some valid reason for not consuming but i feel not consuming will create a problem for right planning/forecasting for your assembly.

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pravin,

Thanks for your answer.

The non-compensated orders are related to a costumers that represents not typical demand (punctual demands) and in my company we don't want to have this demand considered in our forecast (not considered and not added manually to the forecast) and due to this reason we don't want to compensate this customer orders with the forecast because are not considered.

Hope with this I have clarified your doubt.

Ernst