Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.XIM file not able to export

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to export .XIM file from Message Mapping but no shortcut keys are working for me like - ctrl + shift + Alt 0.

I ready many blogs on the same but not able to fetch the file.

Please help here.

I have SAP PI 7.31 SP 14.

Thanks & Regards,

Rashmi Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got "metadata" file. It doesnt have any extension so I tried to open it in XML and its opening now.

Can someone tell me how can I convert it to EXCEL?

I tried tool --> http://figaf.com/services/pi-documenter-pi-diff/

but in result its giving "failed"

Please help

BR,

Rashmi Joshi

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got excel file

Thank you all for your help

BR,

Rashmi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

maheswarareddykonda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Please try this link   and let me know.

BR,

Maheswarareddy

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried that but I got stuck at step 7

7. Find the XML tag and copy the value in "blob" field and save in notepad as .ZIP file

• <p1:content>

<tr:XiTrafo xmlns:tr="urn:sap-com:xi:mapping:xitrafo">

<tr:MetaData>

<tr:blob type="zip" zipped="true">

What exactly need to do here?

BR,

Rashmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Seems that you will get XML as

<tr:blob type="zip" zipped="true">!ZIP! <with value like UESDB.................>

so copy that value start from !ZIP! UESDB............ alone to notepad and save as .ZIP file and then open that zip file in notepad and remove that !ZIP! and save.

then continue with step8

Regards,prasanth

0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

You should copy the text between tags <tr:blob type="zip" zipped="true"> and </tr:blob> and

paste the text in a notepad, in the step 8 remove the text !zip! at the begining of the text. The remaining text is the Base 64 encoded format that you need to decode using a onlide Base64 decoder.

If you need the XIM file for documentation purposes other method is using the excel created by Chandra Sunil:

Hope this can help.

Regards

Miguel

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

I copied below lines from my XML file -

!zip!UEsDBBQACAAIAFkV/0YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFAAAAdmFsdWUBZAib91BLAwQUAAgICAAEA/1GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACAAAAG1ldGFkYXRhtVdZs6pIEn6fX+EY0S9j9ClQEen22IEsKi6obEpHx40CCmTf3X59F0fP0udO3F5mLg+QZH31VS5FZjH65RJHrRMqSj9NntvkE9FuocROHT/xntua..................

After this I pasted these line in new notepad file and gave it name R.ZIP.

I opened R.ZIP file and removed !zip! at the beginning of 1st line and again save it.

I do not see any change in file, only difference is 1st line was lookin like this - !zip!UEsDBB...

And now it looks like this - UEsDBB....

Please guide what should I do now?

BR,

Rashmi

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Miguel, I already tried this MappingMaster. But After providing SWCV namespac mapping and all it is giving me compile error

BR,

Rashmi

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to update you... before decode my zip file is showing below folders... Can I do anything with these files?

0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I had that problem with 64 bits machine, the problem remains in the .dll version of the references in the macros. In my case I fixed the compile errors changing some declarations. I don't know if is the best solutions but it worked.

Using this excel file you can document a mapping in seconds.

Regards.

rasjoshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you tell me which declaration you changed?

Please share your knowledge, I will also try the same.

BR,

Rashmi Joshi

0 Kudos

I had a problem with these lines:

Dim oXMLDOMDoc As New MSXML2.DOMDocument40

Dim domq As New MSXML2.DOMDocument60

The problem remains in the version of the MSXLM definition, In the references of the project is the "Microsoft XML, vx.0" I tried with version v4.0 and the problem with Document40 disappeared, for the problem with Document60 I deleted the "60".

Dim domq As New MSXML2.DOMDocument

After this change the mapping documentation is generated but I don't know if there is some missing functionality. There is a comment  with this error in the original post of the excel file.

Let me know if someone has a better solution. In my local machine (32 bits) I don't have these problems with the excel file.

Regards.

0 Kudos

There is some missing functionality, with these changes the excel can´t read the UDFs name and the parameters involved.

Maybe someone with more knowledge with this VB code can help with a better approach.

Best regards.

sahithi_moparthi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

I believe the option  ctrl + shift + Alt 0 doesnot work for PI7.31,it will work on PI7.1.

If you want to export the mapping,please refer below link

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2013/01/25/trick-to-export-pi73-mappings-as-...