Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nested sections - not saved totally while going to another report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

Deal All the experts!

I found quite new functionality the one I needed very much. As it was told in "what's new in.. 6.2" It became possible to save selected section while going between reports of WEBI.

So 1st - it works for one dimention, for example, Balance Unit (BU). I have 2 reports with balance units in secitons and when I go between reports it remembers my selection

2nd - it doesn't work for 2 dimension, I have BU (with some report on this level) and Factory inside this section, But when I go between reports only top-level section is remembered (BU), but not Factory.

Please, tell me if there are any other restriction for this functionality.

Yury

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Details of the feature

• New behavior can be enabled by maintaining document level property. This is done by adding dynamic property (Key is ‘feature.webi.section.retain.across.reports’ Value is ‘true’) in Mobile Properties by right clicking document webi document in infoview/cmc
  • If the section definition is different in some reports, then section selection would be retained for
    • The report itself, in cases when you navigate to other reports and come back on the report
    • Other reports that have same section definition
  • For instance a document has 5 reports. Report1, Report3 and report5 with same section definition. And report2 and report4 with same section definition.
    • Section selection in report1 would be retained for Report1, Report3 and report5
    • Section selection in report2 would be retained for report2 and report4

Here are the limitations

• The new behavior will be supported via SAP Mobile BI App on IOS devices only.
  • The new behavior would work only for flat and nested sections.
  • Webi documents with reports having sections defined for more than one dimension at the same level (i.e. they are not nested) will not be supported
  • Webi documents with reports having sections defined on a hierarchical dimension will not be supported

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashutosh!

Thanx for quick reply, I read it as well, but my question was, why this doesn't work:

"The new behavior would work only for flat and nested sections" My case is exactly nested section.  but selection only saved of the upper level.

Yury

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nested selection should work. I would say you raise a support ticket and would get someone to help you with this.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

At last I understood how it works and how to solve my issue:

Doesn't work when:

Characteristic 1 val 1 and Report on it

Char 1 + Char 2 and report in it

and so on

char 1  val 2 and report on it

char 1 val 2 + char 2 values

Does work when

char 1 - no report

char 1 + char 2 with report

char 1 val2 - no report

char 1 val2 + char2 - report

so I have to solve it like:

char 1 - no report

char 1 + char2 = total

char 1 + char2 = val 1...

but for this I have to make additional query without char2 in rows.