Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Users classification through contract license

adarsh_jainer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mates,

We have got a mail for sending the user measurement details from SAP.However the problem is we have never classified users before while creating the user ID's and i am not understanding on what basis should i classify the users.We have the following licences:

1)SAP Professional user

2)SAP Application professional user

2)SAP Manager self service user

3)SAP Logistics user

5)SAP Shop floor user

Can anyone provide the definition of these users and what exact tcodes will be used by these users so that i can classify users accordingly.Wht if the user licences are not matching our contract? Waiting for your help.

Thanks&Regards,

Adarsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Majorly SAP licenses are used only for dialog users, as in license types are assigned manually to all the dialog users. Each user id can be assigned with one license type and it has a certain value.

i am doing user measurement and sap user licences audit for last five years, it is not big problem for you, you follow sap note 766822, 777163 and send to sap india, pleas do not delete user id without printout of last user login  data. you may call me 9438103608

SAP Shop Floor or Warehouse User is a Named User working in Licensee’s shop
or warehouse who is solely authorized to perform one or more of the following
roles supported by the licensed Software (excluding SBOP Software):
(i )confirm goods receipts, goods issues and stock movements,

(ii)submit purchase requisitions,

(iii) enter service requests,

(iv) enter production order completion confirmations,

and (v) any activities related to (i)-(iii).

SAP Shop Floor also includes the rights granted under the SAP Application Employee User and SAP Application Visualization User.

Ideally shop Floor users should come under the category of "SAP Application Employee User" license.

The license types are maintained in tcode USMM--> User Types. What ever user types are checked here, will be visible in SU01 -->License

But for understanding clearly Contact your SAP Account Manager he will give you that information

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh

You can refer the Excel file different types of SAP user license; with this reference you can define the user licenses

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCcQFjABahUKEwjF...

Regards

SS