cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Function authorization problem on the PO Screen Layout

0 Kudos

Hi all,

The suituation is we have several companies share one PO type in one client.And the all the company POs need  tick the "GR-base IV" indicator.So we set the indicator as required in the config "Define screen layout at document level" when PO is created.

Recently,one of the companies prourement process has changed and sometimes they need execute IV before they finish GR.But the  "GR-base IV" indicator from PO blocks they execute IV before GR.So I want to define the Function Authorization and assign the parameter EFB to the certain buyers to meet the requirement.

And I config "GR-base IV" as required in the field selection key ME21N

And I config "GR-base IV" as optional in the field selection key NBF

and I define Purchasing authorizations Z1 for buyer and assign the field selection key NBF.

Then I assign the Z1 to the user's parameter EFB.When the user creat PO,the GR-base IV indicator still treat as required.

So is there any way to make the different PO screen layout for certain user except SHD0.Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ME21N and NBF both are standard field selection. ME21N field selection is hard coded for ME21N transaction and it will be applicable for all users. The priority of required field is higher than optional.

Just reverse your thinking. Use the function authorization for those users who will see it as required.

Make this field as optional for all those field selections (ME21N and NBF), then create a new field selection (by copied NBF) and make the field as required and assign this field selection in function authorization. For more details please have a look into my blog post

0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for you suggestion.It's useful.And I have a question.Copy a new selection from NBF,does it take effect to the NB po?thanks

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. If you will not assign the new field selection key for any document type, then it will not effect to any document type (including NB).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ye Wan,

That is what i have questioned you in my previous post. That if you have not assigned NBF to your PO doc type then how come your config will work at the time of PO..?

Also, you have writen in one of your post that Gr- based- IV is required in your vendor master then how come your new config will work?? It will not work. As i have told you earlier in my post that

These cases are normal in industry whne invoice gets posted before GRN, at this time you should not make field mandatory in field selection group instead you should have made that field mandatory in vendor master/ PIR

I think you have to go for some badi/user exit for this particular company code. As you have made GR-Based IV' required in vendor acc group.

Regards,

Priti.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check whether you've checked the box 'GR-Based Inv. Verif.' in the vendor master record. If yes, then remove the same and try.

0 Kudos

Hi,

"GR-base IV" is required in the vendor master record.it configed in the account group.I want to fix in the PO stage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using same PO document type for all the companies. If yes then plz check in config:

What you have entered as 'field selection' in 'define document type'? Its ME21N or Is it NBF??

Also, check if you have set this indicator 'GR based IV' in vendor master or purchase info record.

Why can't you use seperate document type for such cases:

You can create seperate document type for such company and assign diff 'Field selection' in doc type in config where 'GR- based IV' is optional.

These cases are normal in industry whne invoice gets posted before GRN, at this time you should not make field mandatory in field selection group instead you should have made that field mandatory in vendor master/ PIR.

Now as you have already done it, you can now go for developement

Use BADI 'ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST' Method 'Process_Item' to write your Logic for removing flag c 'GR-Based IV' for particular company. OR

EXIT_SAPMM06E_012. Contact your abaper for the same.

Regards,

Priti.

0 Kudos

Hi Priti,

Yes,all the company use the same po type.The new PO type involves the adjustment of the intergration between ERP and SRM,contract management system & BW.So to minimize the workload,we won't create a new po type although it will fix the problem perfectly.

So I want to set GR-base IV required in the field selection "ME21N" and optional in the field selection "NBF".And I assign the NBF to the Purchasing authorizations Z1.But it doesn't work.

If there is no way to go.I will try the badi.Thanks