cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crw32.exe Crashing When I try to print

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have version 14.1.4.1327. It always and universally crashes when I go to print.

I tried setting all the .exe as DEP exceptions. crgacutil.exe says it must run

with DEP on. It still crashes. The details are the same or very nearly the same:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    crw32.exe

Application Version:    14.1.4.1327

Application Timestamp:    537bc968

Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version:    6.3.9600.17736

Fault Module Timestamp:    550f42c2

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    0004245e

OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.16.7

Locale ID:    1033

Does anyone know of a fix?

Thanks.

Karl Hudnut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karl

First thing will be to get you to SP 6, you are currently on SP 4. See the Downloads Portal for the SP:

https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/patch_download/main_public.htm

I am pretty sure the issue will persist, however staying current will be a prerequisite to continuing.

Questions:

What OS?

What printer are you using?

What is the date and version of the printer driver?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will do the upgrade. I looked for upgrade and did not easily find. Keep this URL handy.

Meanwhile:

> Questions:

> What OS?

MS Server 2012 R2 Standard. I have not installed the last week of patches.

> What printer are you using?

> What is the date and version of the printer driver?

heh heh :-). We have several printers. 3 Canon, 2 Dell. But I cannot use PageSetup to select one of them as I get the same AppCrash.  The default printer is Canon ir2020, Driver is: Canon iR2020 PCL5e. 

Thanks.

Karl Hudnut.

0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

Right click on crw32.exe and select Run As Administrator and see if that helps.

If not I suggest logging in as a local PC Administrator and doing a repair install of CR Designer.

If you want to get more details you can also go to Microsoft and search for a tool called DebugDiag, set it for a crash and crw32.exe and then when analyzing the dump file it may give you more info.

See this KBA for more info on using DebugDiag - 2165260

What Anti-virus software are you using? Sometimes it's been known some AV programs are blocking access to registry and other PC resources can can cause a crash.

Try adding CR to the trusted list, may help.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don.

I am running AVG AntiVirus Business Edition 2012, version 3532. (Reads as old, but it is still supported. My lic. is good until Apr. 2016.)

None of these things cured the problem. I am going to try running it on a separate PC instead of from the server. Probably a better idea anyway. Then I will let you know. Really appreciate the help.

--

Karl.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

As conjectured: it works fine on separate PC. So it is some problem with driver ntdll.dll on Windows 2012 R server. This can be dropped.

Again, thanks for your help.

Or should I say: "sorrrry, nevermind"? 🙂

--

Karl Hudnut

0 Kudos

Hi Karl,

ntdll is a core OS dll so you won't be able to "drop it", not sure what you mean by that....

All sorts of things can cause exceptions in that dll, typically because the host program tried to access some core dependency that was missing or it could not find or possibly an older version that did not have the API required.

DebugDiag should give you more details. Process Monitor or even Modules from our site can simplify the list, you can run the app on the new PC and then on the bad PC and save the listings then compare them. Should give you a clue as to what is causing the exception to occur.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

Yes I know ntdll.dll is core OS.

Sorry, when I said: "This can be dropped," I was referring to this thread, not the dll.

At this point, running on "good pc" fixes our issue.

Good ideas about tracking this down on the "bad pc".

--

Karl Hudnut