cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Element binding not working in standard WebDynpro for Z/customers fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts;

I need to add some Z fields to a standard SRM webdynpro. This is something I did before several times and never had any problems, but currently I'm facing a strange situation. So far what I've done is:

• I append the Z fields to the corresponding structure.
  • I included these Z fields to the mapping of the context node of the webdynpro view.
  • I added the labels and input fields corresponding to the Z fields to the view layout.
  • And finally I bound the property "value" of the input fields to the Z fields in the context node.

Is far as I know, this should be enough, but the strange thing is:

The Z labels and input fields are not visible when run the application. But, If I bound the "value" property of the Z input fields to an standard field of the context node then the Z labels and input fields are visible.

So basically:

Z input field bound to an Z field of the context node: Elements (input field and corresponding label) not shown in the application.

Z input field bound to an standard context node field: Elements (input field and corresponding label) shown in the application.

I implemented a postexit method of method WDDOMODIFYVIEW and I get the values of the node and I can see in debug mode that the node element has the correct values in the Z fields.

I don't understand the cause of this behavior, and I greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Cristian R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cristian,

Have you checked that whether the standard fields do have any value that has been binded to the visible property. Because sometimes, all the standard SAP fields would be controlled by a structure where SAP binds it to each visible property of your input field. So at that time our Zfields won't be visible in the screen unless we add the required fields in that structure. Please check that first and if needs, add the zfields in that structure too.

And also give the correct value in the property 'lableFor' of your Label UI element.

Please provide the WDC name too

BR,

RAM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramakrishnan;

The problem was the property "visible" of the Z elements of the context node. I had to set the visible property to TRUE explicitly by code for each Z field.

Thank you for the input.

Best regards.

Cristian R.

Answers (0)