cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass update activity status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query related to mass update of activity status to complete. Currently I have a report where we are using the FM CRM_STATUS_MAINTAIN_OW within a loop for all objects that should be considered for update. However, this report is taking too long to run and the performance is very poor.

I would like to know if there is a better way to achieve this...maybe using a different FM?

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rene_markytan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Mohit

why dont you use the standard SAP solution. In webui SALESPRO Role you can search for activities, in the search result list you can select the specific activities from the list and use the button "change status" -> popup select the status like "completed" and its done !

Best regards

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Thanks for the reply. But this option doesn't work for email activities.

Regards,

Mohit

rene_markytan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

yes thats true, but normally all emails should have status completed. If you create an email activity and send the email the status should always be completed ! There should be no email activity in status open, if you have one please check your status profil.

Best regards

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Yes that's true and we have corrected that. However, we have quite a no. of old email activities (before the correction) that are still open and we need to set them to completed manually. Hence the requirement for a report. My report works but it takes a lot of time to run. I did a trace and found that the authorization checks are taking too long. Not sure if there is a way to skip the auth checks within ORDER SAVE.

Thanks,

Mohit

AnupDDesai
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I would suggest you to have a coding in loop where you first check if System status can be set using FM "CRM_STATUS_CHANGE_EXTERN_OW'".

Then check if the SY-SUBRC return value is Zero then change the system status to required status using FM "CRM_STATUS_MAINTAIN_OW" by using changing parameter as CT_INPUT_FIELD_NAMES.

Hope this logic helps you. If you have already implemented this then would suggest you to trace where there is Long time spent and check for any Notes/KBA's to improve performance.

Regards,

Anup