cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimal Notataion

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I was going through a couple of items. During this process, I noticed that the default decimal notation for my user data is set to: 1.234.567,89. Is this deliberate? Can I switch this to the default decimal notation to be 1,234,567.89? The date format is similarly set;

what is the use of decimal notation

Can we change the Decimal notation, Will it effect the system in anyway.

Regards,

Magham.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Magham,

Your answer for the queries,

what is the use of decimal notation?

Decimal notation means `Display format for numbers`. This settings will decide the display format of numbers for that particular user. This setting is completely user specific.

Can we change the Decimal notation, Will it effect the system in anyway?

Yes, you can change the decimal notation provided that you discuss with your ABAPers and APPS team whether there will be any impact. ABAPers will create reports keeping in mind with the default decimal notation, and if there is any mismatch between then the end user will face difficulties in seeing the correct report.

Award points if it clears your quey.

regards,

Vinodh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

su01 --> defaults.

Cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you can see that is set in the transaction SU01 while creating a user or while changing the properties of a user.

The decimal notation 1.234.567,89 is set to default for every user by SAP.

The changes will be user specific as you can go in SU01 and check that if u change it to 1,234,567.89 then for the other users it will be 1,234,567.89 itz not gonna change automatically.

You can change the decimal notation if you wish to change it.

Regards

Sumit Jain

**Reward with points if useful