cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use AFARIA to block an actualization of Android OS (from kitkat to lolypop)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I use AFARIA to block an actualization of Android OS (from kitkat to lolypop)?  There is some security issues in lolypop and there are some native aplications that wont work with tnis OS version.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

andreas_kuhn
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Carolina,

in addition to Sejals Post i want to mention that you CAN NOT stop the device from updating from 4.x Android to 5.x. There is no mechanism to stop the Android OS update.

Kind Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnaks Sejal!!!! 

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Carolina,

You can block Afaria client connecting to Afaria server on the Android devices. You want to create a custom view based on OS Build to pull desire OS builds i.e kitkat, lollipop etc. If these devices have reported inventory then the custom view should pull devices. Once you have the list, create a Dynamic group and select the OS Build custom view. Now create an Android configuration policy -> Android -> Device Communications -> Where enable the seed data and specify incorrect Server Address , i.e 0.0.00.0 and other fields. Link this configuration policy to the Dynamic group. 

When these devices connects to Afaria server, they will receive this configuration policy with incorrect seed data so now the Afaria client won't be able to connect to server and run the policies.

Another way to stop the device is, select the Custom view which will display devices. Select these devices and click on Unapprove. Please note: blocking Afaria client connecting to Afaria server won't remove any configuration policies that has been applied on device.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Sejal