cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale Data while Input

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Can we allow user to enter data in excel in scaled format like   lacs, 1000's or millions without disturbing the backend.

For example , user input   10  in   input  form , but actually it is in millions, so the data in backend will be saved as  10,000,000.

I know we can achieve this by reference cell some in extreme right and applying save some excel logic and save data using EPMSaveData  function, but is there any way other than this??

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't want to use Excel formulas then script logic in default.lgf or badi. The issue is that when the data will be refreshed - the real number will be shown. Excel formulas is the right way. And you can use EPM input form, not EPMSaveData function - just set Keep Formulas on data...

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

EPM Input form can be used, but if I scale the input form, still the user will have to input the entire 1000000  in the excel in order to enter 1 million, and as soon the number is entered , it is showing 1.

The requirement is user want to input 1 million  as  1   in input form  but also we don't want to send the scaled data to backend. The value in backend must be 1000000  only.

Can you guide on how excel formulas can be used here...

Regards

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Let's assume that D12 is the cell in the data area of EPM input form. Instead of data input we put the formula in this cell: =D100*1000000

Then we input value 1 in D100 and press Save. In D12 we will have 1*1000000 and it will be saved to database.

Is it clear? It's the same as with EPMSaveData but without EPMSaveData.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vadim, but I was looking for any other workaround like scaling....

Answers (0)