cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCMS Set-up to NW 7.4 system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am badly struggling with the CCMS set-up from Solman 7.1 to NW ABAP 7.4 system, I have completed all the set-up using RZ21 remote monitoring system entry for ABAP system - configuration successful no errors.

Also my Remote system RFC and agent connectivity test from RZ21 works fine, even the Solution manager is configured where central auto reaction shows the SID of Solman,

Then I have also created and assigned auto-reaction method to MTE class of the monitored system, but I am not receiving any alerts from Solman for that particular failure in monitored system,I checked the csmcentool where the entries are available for the failures from monitored system, the status of auto-reaction method shows as Sent to CEN, while SAP CCMS CENSYS dispatcher job is just running fine finally when I looked at the agent availability for the monitored system in Solman Self monitoring agents it has dropped to 0%.

Please help as what needs to be done to fix this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

what is the basis support package level of your CEN? In a 7.40 system a new registration in RZ21 is active as of certain basis support package level, there were some important corrections for the new registration.

There were some issues with the agent availability in the selfmonitoring in RZ20, for example, the agent did not send the SID of the monitored system. What is the release of the affected agent? Could you please check the agent trace sapstartsrv_ccms.log, if you see any errors for the CSMREG user and if you find the info, that this user could connect to CEN?

Regards, Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

please take a look at the note:

2147175 - CCMS: Monitoring pause or downtime cannot be set or unset

the agent release should be higher than described in this note, otherwise the availability of the agents is reported as "0%"

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

if the basis release of CEN is SAPKB74007 or higher, than the new registration is active by default and you need to ensure that all corrections mentioned in the note are implemented:

1304555 - CCMS: New registration of monitored components

If the background dispatcher job SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP is scheduled in a client different from client 000, you need to activate the job for synchronization of logical ports from RZ21 --> Technical Infrastructure --> Configure Central System --> Activate Sync. of Logical Ports .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

Thanks for your response.

My CEN Basis SP is NW 702 12 and SAT system Basis SP is 740 08.

SAP_CCMS_CENSYS_DISPATCHER is running in CEN/000 & SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP in both CEN and SAT are running in 000, also i did the technical monitoring set-up in CEN from 000 client only.

In sapstartsrv_ccms I can find the below logs only nothing else found...

Wed Jul 29 08:46:44 2015

ERROR: OS monitoring: Error-253 Can not attach same MTE [Utilization] with different MTE class [CPU_UsageUtil]. Existing MTE class: [CPU_Utilization]

ERROR: OS monitoring: Error-253 Can not attach same MTE [I/O Wait] with different MTE class [CPU_UsageIOWait]. Existing MTE class: [CPU_IO_Wait]

sapccm4x version is 742 PL 35 Kernel version 742 PL 101.

The OSS note you suggested - i have values for hearbeat, status and availability.

Only availability drops to 0% currently it is 27% only, so everything looks ok except for the auto-reaction alert trigger.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please point me to what am I missing here..

I am not able to find out what is the issue as the whole set-up as such seems to be fine..

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

in the availability structure for the agent you see connection from agent to CEN. If you do not see 100% here, then there is a problem how CSMREG user connects to CEN. Please search in the agent trace for any issues for the CSMREG user.

For example, my agent reports 100% availability, and in its trace the agent reports, that it is connected to CEN:

INFO: [NWS:001:ENNS] connected to NWS, host DEWDFWSSP4007, System Nr. 00, traceflag [ ]

INFO: NWS release is 702 , (kernel release 721 ), CCMS version 20060508

Please ensure, that you can find entries like this in the agent trace and no errors for CSMREG after that. Sometimes the agents trace is too big, and the trace is moved to sapstartsrv_ccms_1st.log. Please check all traces sapstartsrv_ccms*

Regards, Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

correction from the note:

2147175 - CCMS: Monitoring pause or downtime cannot be set or unset

is in the patch 111 for kernel 7.42. You need to update the kernel in the monitored system to at least this patch. This is a known issue with the availability of the agent. Please check this note

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwina,

thanks very much for your response.

I am able to see only one log file sapstartsrv_ccms.log with all the latest entries in that I cannot see the error messages related to csmreg user, also unable to find below entries

INFO: [NWS:001:ENNS] connected to NWS, host DEWDFWSSP4007, System Nr. 00, traceflag [ ]

INFO: NWS release is 702 , (kernel release 721 ), CCMS version 20060508

related to my system, so does this mean SAT system is not connected to CEN system at al?

I tried in both DEV & QA system both show the same result both has the same kernel 742 101.

But my agent connectivity test just works fine. still availability gradually drops to 0%.

So it is that i ve to update my kernel to fix this? no other way around? Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

You want me to update the Kernel to latest SP level which is 200 or just updating the ccmsagent binaries wil also help to solve the issue.

As i just tried the same set-up using the stand alone agent approach it is working fine for the same affected system, only the integrated approach agent availability is affected.

So for sticking to the stand alone approach I have to enable the parameter ccms/enable_agent=0 in sap instance profile?

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

this issue with the availability of the agents is in the certain range of the kernel patch levels. PL101 for kernel 7.42 is affected, and only the new kernel patch can solve the issue.

You have mentioned, sapccm4x executable has PL35? This PL is not affected. You can use this agent as a workaround, unregister the integrated agent from CEN, set ccms/enable_agent=0 in the profile used by sapstartsrv and restart sapstartsrv with "sapcontrol -nr <instance number> -function RestartService".

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello alwina,

Instead of updating the entire kernel is it just possible to updated ccmsagent patch alone i.e. replace existing sapccm4x with sapccm4x patch 35 alone? That was my actual query.

And in which profile exactly should we set the parameter ccms/enable_agent=0? Please let me know..

Thanks again..

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

yes, it is possible to update only sapccm4x (ccmagent*.sar package). You should set ccms/enable_agent=0 in the profile used by sapstartsrv. To be sure about the profile take a look at the sapstartsrv process in the process list on OS level, and set the parameter in the profile which you see here.

Regards, Alwina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Alwina for all your help.

I was not able to see the parameter from RZ11 so wanted to make sure if its valid??.

I will take up all your recommendations

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

yes, the parameter ccms/enable_agent is valid. This is not a dynamically switchable parameter, you should maintain it in RZ10. You can take a look also at the note:

1368389 - Re-activating RFC-communication for CCMS Agents

section

"I) You are configuring SAP instance monitoring"

Regards,
Alwina

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi balaji,

Just run the report RSPARAM (or RSPFPAR) and see if the parameter is available..

regards,
Hemanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alwina,

I am not able to find the parameter in rz11 i am aware the parameter is not dynamic, also through rsparam report i am unable to see the parameter.

Another quick thot to activate standalone agent without enabling the parameter is it just ok to rename the agent lock file and register the standalone agent thru sapccm4x -R.

And only with integrated agent the autoreaction method does not work for the same system with standalone ccms registration just works fine..

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Balaji,

no, this is not OK to rename agent.lock file and to start 2 agents in parallel. You will get an unstable and unsupported configuration. You have to set the parameter ccms/enable_agent = 0 to disable the integrated agent if you are going to use the standalone sapccm4x agent. This parameter is documented in the SAP notes and on the help.sap.com, this is a valid parameter. For the integrated agent you have to apply the kernel patch and the autoreaction will also work.

This is a screenshot from the selfmoniotring of my integrated agent with kernel 7.42 and PL200:

The agent is working without problems.

Regards,
Alwina

alwina_enns
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

This parameter is an agent parameter, the ABAP instance does not use it. Why you should find it in RZ11 and with the report rsparam?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

Why you are trying to configure CCMS based monitoring, when you have better option of Technical monitoring in solman 7.1.

Below link can help you in implementing technical monitoring.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/TechOps/System+Monitoring+-+How-to+Guides

Regards,

Jaskirat Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a requirement to configure CCMS I am aware of technical monitoring, currently we have the need to set-up CCMS..

So can you all please help to check why the agent availability drops to 0%