cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hierarchy support in Analysis Office

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I created one attribute view with level hierarchy and used the same in an analytic view. Now, I am trying to create a report on that analytic view in Analysis Office. When I try to use the hierarchy object in Analysis Office, I am getting the error below:

Nested exception. See inner exception below for more details:

Nested exception. See inner exception below for more details:

Unable to execute SQL statement \: SELECT ordinal, result_node AS ORDINAL_KEY , level AS CITY_LEVEL FROM "_SYS_BIC"."p1941085664trial.pwchanatrial.myhanaviews/AT_CUSTOMER_02/hier/H_LOCATION" ORDER BY ordinal INTO #HIERARCHY_BICS_1438166956875 (ERROR [S1000] [SAP AG][LIBODBCHDB32 DLL][HDBODBC32] General error;258 insufficient privilege: Not authorized)

In Lumira, the hierarchy object is working fine.

Is there any access required explicitly for using hana views in Analysis Office that I am missing ?

Regards,

Arijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't think Lumira consumes hierarchy column views the same way AO does. Haven't fully tested that. However, that's probably why you're seeing data coming from Lumira and error from AO.

A few questions:

Are you using the exact same DB user  to access the tools?

Is there a chance you have privilege to select only the top analytic view and not the generated hierarchy column view?

One test you could to (if you're using the same user):

Create a copy of that user, and grant select over _SYS_BIC and full analytic privileges _SYS_BI_CP_ALL. You should be able to see the data afterwards.

For troubleshooting authorizations I recommend you to check the resources below:

Try these approaches and let us know if that happens.

BRs,

Lucas de Oliveira

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Lucas,

I am using the same user in both client tools.

Actually I am using my HANA Cloud trial account. So, I can not grant my user any right. After activation of views, I call HCP.GRANT_SELECT_ON_ACTIVATED_OBJECTS procedure so that I get read access to the column views under _SYS_BIC schema.

With these settings, I am able to consume the views in all client tools. But in AO & Design Studio, the hierarchy object is giving error. If I do not use the hierarchy object, then in AO or DS also, data is populating fine. Lumira, with exception, working with hierarchy objects too.

In Excel, I get a different error in accessing any view - with or without hierarchy.

I believe, it is because of the trial account, my user has lots of restrictions. Not sure if anything can be done here.

Regards,

Arijit

lucas_oliveira
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Well,

then maybe you could check with the   as they might have more info about these sort of scenarios. I honestly don't know their structure (roles / app privileges / etc).

Anyhow, for the sake of test I'd try a wider privilege and for troubleshooting the previous links I sent.

Cheers,

Lucas de Oliveira

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again Lucas

Answers (0)