cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which will execute first in File Adapter (parameter,Identifier,module)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have written a module for my sender file adapter, and choose FCC to parase my complex structure...here my doubt is whether adapter module will call first or FCC which is there in Identifier tab in file adapter?

Regards,

Irshad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandras sekhar,

i have already seen that blog...

could you plz read my message once again?

Regards,

Mansoor

ya i got it..Call sap adapter module will store the message in send queue.

just want to know which module is building the xi header whether it is same call sap adapter module or is there any specific module which will convert native message to xi message.

Is call sap adapter module is the responsible for building the xi message header with the help of cpa lookup? if its so again confuse for me.....

In File adapter we have 3 tabs one is parameter identifier and module...As u said first parameter tab will run as per FCC/ File message protocol then this parsed/content of text file will be input to the module tab .in this module tab we have custom modules and standard module these modules are executed in the same sequence as mentioned.

what is the module name which converts native message to xi message?

Regards,

Mansoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message processing in the sender/inbound direction proceeds in a similar way. In this case, the adapter calls the module processor in the form of an Enterprise JavaBean 2.0 local session bean and transfers the message object either as an XI message or in its own format. In the latter case, conversion to an XI message must then take place in an adapter-specific module .

I mean the modules inside in the adapter are to be converted the native format into xi message format

module tab will be executed sender side is later time i mean first adapter will conver it into xi messge format later module tab will be executed

but in receiver side first module tab and later adapter will convert it into target format.

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mansoor Ali,

Nop,

Regards

Chilla

<i>reward points if it is helpful..</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

chandra,

How to give reward points

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Against every answer you will have stars on the lft side under the user name with

Solved Problem,

Very Helpful Answer

Helpfule Answer.

Slectthe radio button and wait for the page to get loaded again and so on.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

I could not find any star.

Thanks

Mansoor

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a custom module,

and if you use content conversion then

input to the custom module is the content converted XML structure

else , it will receive the file content as it is.

and , after your module returns the ModuleData to the next module in the chain, then finally CallSAPAdapter will take care of posting the data into XI pipeline

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Masoor,

Have you selected the File Adapter as --> File Content Conversion . if yes, then the input to the module will be the Content Converted XML.

If no, the input to the module will be the Text File.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

you mean to say if we choose FCC as a message protocol then parameter tab will run first then this parsed message will be input to module,but if we have choose FILE as a message protocol then which will run first?

Message will reach to adapter in its native format a module inside the adapter will converts the message from native format to XI message format. if this is the case then where this module will be resides ?

Reagrds,

Mansoor

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mansoor,

Let me try to put it better.

The Custom Module is the first module that should be executed in the chain of Modules in the File Adapter --> modules tab. The standard SAP module should be the last executed.

In your case,

1. If you choose content conversion, the input to the module will be the XML that is the output of Content Convrsion. The output of this module will be passed to the standard SAP module.

2.if you do not choose content conversion, the input to the module will be ythe cotent of your text File. What you provide as the output to this module will be passed to the standard module.

The Parameter Name and value in the Modules tab is used to pass some extrenal value to the adapter module.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh,

ya i got it..Call sap adapter module will store the message in send queue.

just want to know which module is building the xi header whether it is same call sap adapter module or is there any specific module which will convert native message to xi message.

Is call sap adapter module is the responsible for building the xi message header with the help of cpa lookup? if its so again confuse for me.....

In File adapter we have 3 tabs one is parameter identifier and module...As u said first parameter tab will run as per FCC/ File message protocol then this parsed/content of text file will be input to the module tab .in this module tab we have custom modules and standard module these modules are executed in the same sequence as mentioned.

what is the module name which converts native message to xi message?

Regards,

Mansoor

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

With above links see the below message flow in XI

/people/siva.maranani/blog/2005/05/25/understanding-message-flow-in-xi

Regards

Chilla