Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRM role id and Rep. Role id

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you help clarify the field ROLE_ID, mentioned in table GRACUSERROLE

my observation: BRM role id is stored in table GRACROLE. While GRACUSERROLE has 2 columns for Role ids. The first column is not of BRM,  as the name of the field is USERROLEID. So, could you clarify on the 2nd field ROLE_ID.

I selected some role ids, which are present in GRACROLE. But i do not find these ids, in any of the columns of GRACUSERROLE.

Regards

Plaban

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204479
Active Participant

Hi Plaban,

USERROLEID in GRACUSERROLE is the ID for the user to role mapping.

ROLE_ID in GRACUSERROLE is the role ID from ARA / ARM perspective.

GRACROLE is BRM specific (populated with role import functionality).

You cannot find GRACROLE's roles IDs in the GRACUSERROLE's ROLE_ID field. These two data is not linked.

If you need to find a link (lets say role name) for the GRACUSERROLE's ROLE_ID the data is in table GRACRLCONN's field ROLE_ID.

GRACRLCONN is the table that is populated during repository sync for role data.

Thanks

Sammukh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanmukh

really appreciate your efforts put on, understanding these fundamentals. I will need to check these linkages.

"ROLE_ID in GRACUSERROLE is the role ID from ARA / ARM perspective." This gives me a thought on the role pulled by ARM(Access request), by Role search. Role search will only give data when Role is imported. So, it means Role search pulls data from GRACROLE. So, it also means ARM uses table GRACROLE.

point to ponder: In DBLookup, structure GRAC_S_...-ROLE_GUID is matched against table GRACROLE, for getting the Role id raised in request. Since Structure belongs to ARM, why is it compared against BRM table

Regards

Plaban

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Plaban,

ROLE_ID is the generated ID of the object generated by the system. It is a key to define a role.

Table definitions:

GRACROLE - In this table you will find the roles which are in BRM

GRACRLCONN - In this table you will find the synchronized roles from target systems. The roles are stored by connector.

GRACUSERROLE - In this table you will find the user role assignment.

It is possible to import roles into BRM (table GRACROLE is populated) and this role is not assigned to any user (GRACUSERROLE).

So these three tables may have differences depending on your business scenario.

Best Regards,

Fernando