cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW 7.4 Installation on Oracle 12c

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I have installed Oracle 12c-12.1.0.2 software and applied SB patches 12.1.0.2.3 on HP-UX 11.31 OS.

And now when I try to install SAP NW 7.4 on top of it, it is stopped at the step "Install database server software".

But the oracle software is already installed at location /oracle/<SID>/121_64 and given input to DB home as /oracle/<SID>/121_64 in SWPM during sap installation.

But still it has stopped and asked to install the Oracle software using oracle user.

Could you please suggest how to proceed.

The packages I used:

Oracle 12.1 RDBMS HP-UX on IA64 64bit 1/3      51047704_1

Oracle 12.1 RDBMS HP-UX on IA64 64bit 2/3      51047704_2

Oracle 12.1 RDBMS HP-UX on IA64 64bit 3/3      51047704_3

Oracle client    12.1.0.2                                          51049088

SAP Bundle Patch  12.1.0.2.3-201506                  SAP12102P_1506-20012298.ZIP

NW 7.4 SR2 Installation export                              51048524_1

SAP Kernel 7.42 HP-UX on IA64 64-bit                 51049350_2

SWPM10SP08_3-20009698.SAR                          SWPM10SP08

Regards,

Aparna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Which user have you used to install Oracle?

ora<sid> or "oracle"?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Nothing happens after I click 'OK'. The tool asks to stop the GUI to do the oracle software installation.

Even after I resume, the situation is the same.

"Windows Servers OS: Installing Oracle First and Then SAP

Linux Operating Systems: Installing SAP and in the middile Oracle DB Software has to be installed

So,You need to Uninstall Oracle and start again SWPM, Install SAP."

Is this the behaviour you mean for Oracle 12c? Becuase we usually install Oracle software and on top of it, we go for SAP + Oracle database installation irrespective of Operating System type.

I have done Oracle software installation using ora<sid> and not using oracle user.

The SWPM tool has not detected the Oracle DB home which it usually does during the SAP+oracle 11g installation.

Any suggestions pls specific to Oracle 12c + SAP NW 7.4 installation procedure..

Regards,

Aparna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

SWPM should detect the already installed software. Even we installed the same last week for 7.4 with Oracle 11.

Am wondering something has been changed with SWPM and Oracle 12 version. You may exit the current SWPM process and open the new SSH session and try running with old option.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Yes,there are no issues of Oracle DB home - 11g version detection with SAP NW 7.4.

I also tried to exit the existing the current session and started running with old option but no use.

In the PAM, it is stated Oracle 12c(12.1) is supported with SAP NW 7.4 + SAP Kernel 7.42 + HP-UX 11.31/IA64 bit.

Also, as per the below update provided by SAP in the SAP Note SAP note 1914631, it should support the sap NW 7.4 installation on 12c but is not detecting Oracle DB home.

"The SAP installation and SAP system copies of SAP NetWeaver 7.X based systems with
Oracle version 12.1 is supported by SAP from May 18th, 2015 on."

Does anyone tried with this setup.

Regards,

Aparna.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

the problem (probably) is that you have used the wrong user to install oracle.

PRobably you you have not read the installation guide where it is clearly stated that in oracle 12c this is the user to do the oracle installation.

the installer is looking for oracle processes own by this user but they do not exist.

you will have to uninstall oracle and install it again.

please, look for the installation guide under servie.sap.com/instguides  and also the referenced notes in the guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

The SAP note 1915323 - OS User Concept for Oracle Database 12c and higher says below points and is just released yesterday.

11.2 and older - OS user 'ora<dbsid>' installs Oracle database software of an SAP standard installation with an Oracle single instance database on file system.

12.1 and higher- OS user 'oracle' installs Oracle database software of an SAP standard installation with an Oracle single instance database on file system.

So, let me do uninstall of Oracle software with ora<sid> user and install it with oracle user and then start installation of SAP.

Regards,

Aparna.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

hello.

currently I do not have access to the note to tell you when the first version was released, but it was not yesterday. Perhaps some modifications were added yesterday.

The note was created 19.09.2013, because in Oracle 11g RAC/ASM this was the user needed. There was a small addition that you can see under "NEWS"

as mentioned, in 12c you must do the installation with the user "oracle" as it is not done, the swpm fails to detect it

Message was edited by: Fidel Vales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Except in Windows Server Operating Systems, In All Linux Related Operating Systems, You need to Install/Start SAP Installation through SWPM as first and in the middle of the installtion, SWPM will prompt us to install Oracle in the middle of.

Windows Servers OS: Installing Oracle First and Then SAP

Linux Operating Systems: Installing SAP and in the middile Oracle DB Software has to be installed

So,You need to Uninstall Oracle and start again SWPM, Install SAP.

Follow the below steps

1. Login as oracle user

su  ora<SID>

2. set the Environment variables

3. Copy the Oracle DB Software to ?Oracle/stage

4. Install the DB using .RUNINSTALLER

Regards,

Mallikarjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

If you have already installed DB, then you can proceed with the "OK" option.

Regards,

Rahul