Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance the standard search Query with custom BO fields

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to enhance the standard search query of Standard BO with other custom BO fields. Both BO's are having common field "ID".

I want to search the Accounts by custom fields which are stored in other custom BO. Both these BO's  have AccountID as alternative key.

Can Association will be helpful in this scenario. ?

if not, please suggest a solution to achieve this scenario.

BR,

Naga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

You can create your own query on the custom BO.

if the custom BO has an association to the standard BO, your query can also access fields from the standard BO.

1. Add an association from your custom BO to the standard BO
  2. add a query to your custom BO accessing data from your custom BO and the standard BO

Best regards,

Ludger

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ludger,

This is other way around. I have Account search query and I need to include the custom fields which are in my custom BO.

BR,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

You cannot create a custom query for a standard BO nor enhance a standard query with a custom field from a different BO.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luder,

There some custom fields which are stored in my custom BO based on the Account ID.

Custom BO

--Root Node

element AccountID;

-- Node[0,n]

element f1;

element f2;

Now I also want to provide the fields f1 and f2 for searching in the standard Account OWL search.

Hope you got me.

BR,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to add a field in a standard Account OWL search, you need to add this field to the standard BO as an extension field.

Then you can add it to the OWL advanced search panel using the extensibility explorer.

However, this only works for single fields.

In your case you have a cardinality of 0..n so you can not make use of this.

I am sorry but I am afraid what you like to do can't be done.

Hope to be helpful,

Ludger Bünger

--

all4cloud.de

NagaPrakashT
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ludger,

Can I create association in Standard BO to my custom BO and add fields.

BR,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

Unfortunately, you can not create an association from a Standard BO to a custom BO,only the other way around.

That is why I initially (thinking you need a query to be used programatically) suggested to do it the other way and create your query on the custom BO.

Hope to help,

Ludger Bünger

--

all4cloud.de