cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KEY DATE in Inspection Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi QM gurus,

I am facing an issue related to key date in the inspection specifications tab of Inspection lot.

The inspection plan for my material(inspection type - 01) is created way back on 23rd May 2013 but the operations and MIC were created on 21st July 2015.

Now, when i do GR for this material, an inspection lot is being generated but it is not showing in QE51N.

I checked the key date in the inspection lot and it is same as the material revision level date.

But the actual system should generate this key date as the current date.

This problem is coming only for this material and for all the other materials the key date is same as the inspection lot created date.

Our user wants to record the usage decision only through QE51N.

Can anyone of you suggest why this revision level is being pulled and that too for only this particular material ?!!

Thanks,

Praveen.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The status of inspection lot is REL or CRTD? Is the lot appearing in QA32?

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the status of the lot is REL and can be seen in QA32.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok! So the question is why system is not taking the key date = GR date or why the lot is not appearing in QE51N or you are saying that because of key date issue it is not appearing in QE51N?

I think Craig is right here as key date need not be necessarily the GR date. I have gut feeling that there are certain conditions for the lot to reflect in QE51N. I do not have system rightnow to dig this out but I think generally QE51N is used for inspection lots of 03 origin or calibration. What are the other differences that you figure out between this lot (the one which is not reflecting in QE51N) and other which are reflecting in QE51N apart from key date?

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

To my understanding, QE51N is used for inspection lots irrespective of inspection type.

And yes i want to know why the system is taking key date = revision level date, which is causing the lot not showingup in QE51N !!

Praveen

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. lets make sure we are talking about the same things.

In your last reply you said:

"i want to know why the system is taking key date = revision level date, which is causing the lot not showing up in QE51N !!"

The reason why it doesn't show up in QE51n should not be related to the Key date of the lot.  The QE51n selection screen uses the insp. lot creation date, not the key date for selecting lots in standard SAP.  You can also select lots by Insp. start date or the Insp End date on the standard screen, but not key date.

No where do I see selection by key date on the standard screen.  You can use dynamic selections to pick the key date from under the Inspection plan choices. 

Key date to the best of my knowledge ONLY impacts the selection of the inspection plan.  It does not impact the creation date or start date of the inspection lot.

So, it doesn't surprise me the key date is reflecting the material revision date, because you would only want inspection plans valid after that date.

But the key date should not prevent it from showing in the QE51n screens unless you created a system or user variant that utilizes a custom selection to incorporate the key date.

I'm wondering if this has to do with something entirely different.  QE51n will not display a lot if it is not ready or suitable for results recording. 

1) Can you verify that you can record results using QE01 or QE11 for the lot?

2) Can  you provide the followng dates for the lot?

Creation date:

Start date:

Key date:

End date:

3) Can you give us a screen shot of the statuses of the lot??

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig,

Thanks for the details.

I already know about the selection screen for QE51N which involves inspection lot dates but not key date. And we are not using any kind of authorization or selection variants. Even then the lot is not listed in QE51N.

Here is the info you requested for:

1. I can record the result in QE11.
  2. Creation Date: 07/24/2015 (MM/DD/YYYY)

Start Date: is same 07/24/2015

Key Date: 12/04/2013

End Date: 07/27/2015

• I would also like to point that the revision level valid from date for my material is 12/04/2013, which is same as key date.

Now, i tried testing on other materials, where key date = creation date of inspection lot. And I can find these lots in QE51N.

But, like i said, I have problem if the key date is some other date from the past.

Praveen

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can record in QE11.. How abotu QE01?

If you record results in QE11 for one inspection point and save it, can you now see the inspection lot in QE51n?

Can you provide a screen shot of the lot statuses?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

No even in that case i cant find the lot in QE51N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Basically QE51N is not design for stock posting lot so there if any lot has stock posting option it will not show in QE51N, only order lots will appear in this transaction. you have to go to QA32 for inspection lot which are actually stock based.

Hope this solve your query.

Regards,

Qamber Abbas

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe, but I can't be sure cause I can't see your system.

But it sounds like the particular material has a revision date, I.e. it cannot be used until a particular date. therefore you can't make it until which means you can't inspect it until after that date.  So that material revision date is used.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

You were saying "it cannot be used until a particular date".

Is there a way that i can find about this date you mentioned ?!!

FYI, the revision level valid from date is 12/04/2013. This is the key date with which my inspection lot is getting created.

Thanks.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure myself as I don't work with material versions.  But it sounds like something related to that.  The thing to understand is that the inspc lot start date can be influenced by several differnt type s of documents.  So 04 lots can get their start date from the planed start date of the order, (I.e. When early lot creation is used).  Its not necessarily always that the lot creation date = the lot start date = key date.

Also, the key date could have been manually changed by someone.

hopefully maybe some folks more familiar with material versions might be able to shed more light on this.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

No one is changing the lot, i have checked into this.

And regarding the planned start date...if at all key date = planned order start date, then it should change everytime a lot is generated(assuming the lots are created on different dates). But its not happening. The key date is the revision level date of the material for all the generated lots.

Anyways, thanks Craig.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly.. that's what I said above:

"Its NOT necessarily always that the lot creation date = the lot start date = key date."

It looks like for this material your key date is the revision level date.  That's why I said its tied to the material revisions. Why it is that way for this particular material and not others I don't know.  But someone here probably does.

Possibly this might help you too:

Use of Revision Levels - Inspection Planning with the Engineering Workbench - SAP Library

Craig