cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we search SAP BW Metadata Repository only for active content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Point - 1 : I want to understand if we can search the SAP BW metadata repository only for the activated contents or any delivered content details can be seen?

Point - 2 : If I search for an object which is not yet active do I get all the details about it or I have to activate that object first and then search in repository to get all the details for example a BW query.

Point - 3 : Do BASIS people install metadata repository separately and is it optional?

Thanks,

Regards,

Kunal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186445
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
former_member586947
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kunal,

Point-1: Metadata repository holds delivered and activated BI objects as well. You can differentiate both when you see Metadata Repository.

point-2: What do you mean by details? You can see the keyfiguers/RKFs/CKFs in the report. If you want to see how these calculations made in the query then you have to install the query and the entire underlying data flow from the BI content.

Point-3: Yes BASIS team install the BI content separately. Its a patch applied to the system.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

Thank you for the answers:

in point - 2: By details what I mean is: Suppose I search for a DSO do I get key fields, data fields and settings for that DSO?

Regards,

Kunal

former_member586947
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

No, you will not see the definition of the DSO. I mean key fields and data fields, SID generation check, etc.. You can only see the Info Objects used to build the DSO.

Regards,

Satya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Kunal

former_member586947
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kunal,

Assigning points is the way of saying thanks in SCN. If I answer your question then assign points.

Regards,

Satya