cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input control multi variables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Quick question, Is it possible use the input control to filter 3 different tables that are using 3 different variables?

I try to explain the problem better:

Suppose that I have 3 different choices setted in the input control:

A

B

C

In my report I have 3 different tables and I would like to filter these tables using 3 different variables connected to them: X, Y, Z. These variables can have 3 different values X(1,2,3) Y(4,5,6) Z(7,8,9)

I want to filter Table 1 with the variable X

I want to filter Table 2 with the variable Y

I want to filter Table 3 with the variable Z

I would like that if someone select in the input contro "A" this selection filters the Table 1 using X(1), Table 2 using Y(4) and Table 3 using Z(7)

if the selection is B the Table 1 is filtered using X(2), Table 2 is filtered by Y(5) and Table 3 is filtered by Z(8)

etc...

...it's very easy if the 3 tables are connected to the same variable.... but in this case I have some problems to understand how to do that.

Thanks a lot

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_sonawane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

just create a new variable  and keep it as blank

go to input control select the new varibale and create a custom input control Suppose filter1 = 1,2,3

- create a another variable filter2 = if (filter1 = 1,[x1],if(filter1 = 2,[x2],[x3]))

apply the filter2 variable  on the table a and apply a filter on filter2 variable is not null.

and create a another varaible filter3 = if(filter1 = 1,[y1],if(filter1 = 2,[y2],[y3]))

apply the filter3 variable on the table b and apply a filter on the filter3 variable is not null.

and so on create 3 variable for table c

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

In the meantime I duplicated the same charts, applying the "hide when following formula is true" option for every of these tables

Then in the formula I put the check for the input control

Thanks a lot for your help!