Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI performance

arnd_kullik
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all,

currently we are using PI 7.11 dual stack.

Upgrade to 7.4 is planned in November / December.

I have read that single stack should be faster.

What are your experiences ?

How big is the difference ?

Thanks and kind regards,

Arnd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitindeshpande
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnd,

We have upgraded from PI 7.0 system to PO 7.4 system. According to my experience, we have seen lot of improvements in the performance and as it is a java only system, the processing time is just phenomenal.

Also the system down time is very less, we bring up our completely loaded system within 10 minutes. And boot-up time of the system is seconds.

Also there are lot many improvements which helps developers to enjoy working on the system. Monitoring has been made easy and many other things. For the list of the improvements, you can go through the below link -

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3433516

As your query is not related to list of new features, i do not want give more explanation on the features

Regards,

Nitin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arnd,

I've just remember to have read some SAP documentation about a 60% more efficiency. In my own experience, it is important to have a enough memory resources in the PI machine but in my old XI 3.0 i only have performance problems in a bit scenarios with huge payloads or intensive traffic. In these last cases you will notice improvements in the performance, but the PI 7.4 offers a lot of improvements on the design, configuration and monitoring. In some scenarios, may be it will be better to redesign them to have a better performance and an easy maintenance.

Kindly check this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/708ef8ae-fa94-2e10-7faf-dd4926984...

With PI 7.4 or 7.31 a new universe of possibilities will be open in your integration scenarios.

Regards.