Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC10.1 & HANA

BrucevR
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are currently using GRC 10.1 as a centralized system for two different ECC Systems. We are planning to migrate the GRC System and one of the ECC Systems to HANA while the other ECC System will be on Sybase.

Would there be any problems connecting the GRC System to one HANA ECC system and a non-HANA ECC System. Both ECC Systems will be on EHP7.

Any recommendations or things to keep in mind? Plug-ins, connectors etc.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe, that as long as both systems have the GRCPINW component installed, it would work as per the usual. I presume that the HANA based ECC system will also have a HANA Database (HDB) connector configured in the GRC system.

If your GRC system is moving to HANA platform, ensure you also install the HANA database plug in on the system also.

There is a pretty good discussion thread already on this topic:

Also refer to the following SAP note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1869912

hope that helps

BrucevR
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback. I saw the discussion on the benefits using GRC on HANA and also the SAP Note.

I just wasn't sure if there would be any problems on having GRC and one of the ECC systems on HANA and the other ECC system not on HANA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

GRC is able to connect to standard ABAP systems as well as SAP HANA systems. You can also connect to non-ABAP systems and utilise the web services, therefore I do not envision any issues for your scenario, treat each system uniquely.

Answers (0)