cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Financial solution for Cable TV subscribers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to develop an SAP solution for billing of subscribers of a large cable TV service provider. The billing model is largely subscription based wherein subscription fees is charged for the products chosend by the customers on a monthly basis.

Please share you experiences on similar assignments and any suggestions for solutions for implementing through SAP. SAP does not currenly provide a solution package for Cable networks, probably a closely related suite such as RCMA can be used with some tweaking.

Please share your views.

- Jaideep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaideep,

Interesting question but probably in wrong thread.

For the Cable subscriber, you will have to charge based on the plans + channel etc selected.

All these should post to your Customer Invoice and he should validate it.

Check SAP Convergent charging solution for this.

Another point will be the leasing related process for the set top box given by the company,

Check SAP Leasing Solution too

Finally all these and normal AR related process will require a contract type accouting for the customer and this you can achieve with SAP FICA.

The best part is SAP FICA works well with both the above solution.

Hope this helps, if so please close this thread.

Regards

Rishab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishab, that does help.

I believe SAP IS-Utilities can be used here since it has sub-modules such as Device Management to handle meters or set top boxes in this case installed at customer locations.

The business of cable TV is quite similar to the business of power distribution companies, the only difference being cable operators do not charge as per any metered readings.

Let me know if you think differently.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jaideep,

Yes it sounds good, I dont have a experience in ISU but the process does sound similar.

Good luck and keep posting

Regards

Rishab

Answers (0)