Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynmically Create a Pop up with Input fields in FPM

former_member374952
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Static Popup in FPM can be created by adding Dialog Box and then embedding Form GuiBB and passing data to this from the feeder class. However I want to dynamically create a Popup with Input fields and dropdown menus in it in Floor Plan Manager. Please let me know if this is possible in FPM.

Regards,

Vicky

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

this is indeed possible to do, though it is not quite easy. As I first step I would really recommend to add a static popup to a OVP floorplan and see how it works in general (this is temporarily and it is just for the purpose that you get familiar with the popup functionality as such, because once you understand that, it will be much easier for you to implement it dynamically).

Then once you know how to add a popup statically, remove it and start trying it dynamically. Here are the rough steps how to do this:

1. You need to get access the OVP configuration API (IF_FPM_OVP). Just google "AppCC if_fpm_ovp" and see how this is done.

2. Once you have that interface then: First you need to create a new OVP page. This is done by
method ADD_CONTENT_AREA. There you have to populate the parameter IS_CONTENT_AREA.

The most important attributes are ID and type. Just give a ID as wish and the type must be of
course "DIAL" for dialog box.

3. Now you have new page area of type dialog box in your OVP floorplan. Of course next step
is to fill it with content. And in terms of FPM content always means UIBB or UIBBs. This is
done with the method ADD_UIBB.

4. Last but not least, at runtime you need to call the dialog. But this is the same procedure as
the popup would be static.

That's it. It is a very rough description, hope it helps.

Kind regards,
Ulrich

former_member374952
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

As per your suggestion  created a dialog and embedded a form uibb into it. Added Input fields from its a feeder class . Used Open_Dialog_BOX API to invoke the Dialog Box. But throws an error coz the issue is I need to deactivate all the Windows in nwbc and then invoke the popup. Following is the Code to Invoke Popup : Need a code snippet to deactivate all windows in NWBC.

DATA lo_fpm TYPE REF TO IF_FPM.

data ls_props type fpm_s_dialog_box_properties.

ls_props-title = 'Test Dialog'.

LO_FPM = CL_FPM_FACTORY=>GET_INSTANCE( ).

LO_FPM->OPEN_DIALOG_BOX(

exporting

IV_DIALOG_BOX_ID = 'Zdialog_id'

IS_DIALOG_BOX_PROPERTIES = ls_props ).

ulrich_miller
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,
I am sorry, I am not familiar with NWBC ... just FPM.

Cheers,
Ulrich

sahai
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me how did you resolved your problem?

Thanks and Regards,

Shitanshu Sahai

former_member374952
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sahai,

I dint quite manage to create the dynmaic dialog box , So created the static dialog box and triggered it using Open_Dialog_BOX API method .

Regards,

Vicky

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

balanand_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vicky,

You can achieve your requirement by doing necessary steps mentioned in this doc.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/906dbcfe-edc6-2d10-3e88-b05488ba3...

Please go through this,

Regards,

Balanand

former_member374952
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I want to create the Popup in Floor Plan Manager . If I create a pop up as webdynpro component how can I invoke this component from the feeder class ?

Regards

Vicky

balanand_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

This may be helpful for you, I will get back to you with exact details soon.

and then you can use those fields in ALV as popup. in that coding area mention those code.