cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create calculation using measures from different datasets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consider this scenario.

I have two data sets one with actual data which is coming universe which is based on SQL Server, other is based on excel file which has target data.

Now I want to create a calculated measure target-actual.

So calculated measure is based on measure from different data sets.

IS this possible in Lumira?

If yes how can I do this, in create measure option in Lumira it just shows me measure from same dataset.

Thanks,

Dilkush

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you'll need to Merge the 2 datasets first, then with the resulting (joined/consolidated dataset) you'll be able to visualise both your measures

regards

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for the reply.

I have linked this two datasets, however merge won't be possible as both datasets are not at same grain.

for example one has data at product sub category while other at product category so while merging it will not find same unique keys.

Thanks,

Dilkush

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dilkush,

Is it possible to enhance your xls with the keys from other data set. And then try what Henry has suggested.

You will not be able to merge two data sets if they don't have anything in common.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

I would consider that as last option as that would require significant amount of work as it won't be straight forward division by number of keys.

Thanks,

Dilkush

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Merging, I don't know if possible or not. One thing which I think can solve it is extract both the datasets in Excel, apply vlookup to populate the values and make it into one sheet and then use Lumira to do analytics on it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranajay,

Getting both datasets in excel would not workout as other dataset is huge (almost 320K records) and it will grow over the time as this is just test data.

Thanks,

Dilkush