Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which query method should be provided for external user to check EM status

l_j_li
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Customer want to provide a query method for external user to access transportation excution status,  could EM UI be provided directly for external user access,   does it have security issue ?   or collobration portal or other ways is better? 

Best regards

L.J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi LJ,

Collaboration Portal or EM UI can be options. with regards to security, not sure about controlling what information you can show or not show on Collaboration portal but on EM UI, you can control who can see what information. You can also enable EM UI on Portal ( check with Portal team ).

Thanks,

Vishnu

l_j_li
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu ,

Thanks for your information. I agree that we can control the right information to the right people via configuration.  

for security issue, If we provide the EM UI to external user,it means that  we may need to give an global IP to the EM server, I don't know anything should to be paid attention to, I did not have experience on this.  Maybe VPN connection can be instead of a global IP as an option to the external user, but I think it's not convenience for external user.

LJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liangjun,

This has been discussed many times and have been main open questions to SAP EM team, how can we give access to third party team.

Instead of having separate cost add on to the client to integrate collaboration portal, you can enable same SAP EM WebUI to third party team, but you need to enable IP white list on their side and connect seamlessly  client system through their network.

Enable only certain event to post or monitor to do with User Filter profile - Check this discussion   

Check and let us know.

Regards

GGOPII