cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR posted for zero quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

User have posted GR for zero quantity and done IR before GR ( GR based IV was not active).

And now user is unable to reverse GR because GR quantity is zero.

I tried replicating in quality and its not possible to post GR for zero quantity and when raised question then user is unable to update how they were able to do GR for zero quantity.

I have suggested them to cancel material document in MBST transaction, but got update from user that "line item doesn't exist" and now i have asked user to save in MBST and awaiting their reply.

Please advise if this will resolve this reversal issue or there is any other procedure to fix this issue?

Regards

Irfan A B

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the scenario and found that the system is allowing to post GR with zero quantity and delivery complete indicator set in MIGO.

If you want to cancel the document, remove the "delivery completed" indicator in MBST and post. System will allow you to post the same.

In fact, the material document with zero quantity and delivery completed indicator will only set the delivery completed indicator in the PO. It doesnt have any other impact. Even though its posted, you can post the GR for the open PO quantity. You may check the same and revert back.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AKPT,

I have a question related this issue. How did you post GR for zero quantity because system will not allow?

Did you set the error message to warning and then posted GR?

I requested user to follow as mentioned by you.

I am awaiting their reply and once they get back I will give points

Thanks everyone for all your support. I will post result of this issue ASAP.

Regards

Irfan A B

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan

I also found one note, that may be helpful in your scenario. System technically allow goods receipt of zero quantity. What are SAP reasons behind that is good question.

1296492 - Error M7 042 during reversal of goods receipt

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain the zero quantity in GR and maintain the Delivery Complete indicator as "set" in MIGO - quantity tab and try to post the GR. It will post.

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan

When you doing cancellation in MIGO, What error message you get, if you highlight MIGO cancellation again as well as double click on message to highlight error message details.

It look like some error relevant to delivery completed. Can you check your purchase order and open it in change mode .. uncheck delivery completed indicator from all the line items and try to do cancellation again in MIGO.

I am not able see clearly the error you have in MIGO but I am making an guess.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan

It look like your GR document might be result of service entry sheet, Can check is there is any service entry sheet posted, Also post your PO screen shot with Purchase order history.

if it is from service entry sheet, then my friend, cancel the service entry sheet and set deletion indicator.

Thanks,

Jagdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Guru's

Screen shot for your reference.

Message was edited by: Irfan A B

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the material document contains any accouning document with a debit and credit for the stock account and GR/IR account for zero valuees?

If so then i do not think so that it need to be reversed .Now does the problem is for the IR posted ? How much quantity is the IR posted ? isit for the PO qty and value or for a partial quantity and value ? We need to equalize the GR/IR account for the GR and IR . Please post the GR for the IR quantity and value and see the GR/IR account .

Or else one more option would be MR11 maintenence for the quantity .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There is no subsequent accounting document found in accounting for GR display screen.

I want upload screen shot, but could upload its in png format and below 1 mb.

regards

irfan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the previous posts you said No Material document found. Now no accounting document too. Then, we can say technically no posting is done. Because, No Material document means No change in stock quantity and no account document means no change in stock value. Please check with your user again on these details.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi N R,

Please find the complete scenario

User have posted GR for zero quantity and done IR for actual amount before GR ( GR based IV was not active).

And now user is unable to reverse GR because GR quantity is zero.(no subsequent accounting document found in accounting for GR display screen)

I tried replicating in quality and its not possible to post GR for zero quantity.

I have suggested them to cancel material document in MBST transaction, but got update from user that "line item doesn't exist"

Regards

Irfan A B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Irfan AB,

1) First of all he can go to PO History Tab in PO and check for GR and IR documents.

2) While doing IR generally we provide the quantity (if GR based IV is not active) and system picks up the Amount by multiplying the quantity with the price stated in the PO. So, as you are saying he has done IR for actual (total) amount - that means he has booked total quantity of PO in IR.

3) It infers from the above statement that - he has mentioned Higher Quantity (than he received i.e. zero) in the IR - That is nothing but Quantity Variance.

4) He can create Credit Memo on the Vendor - by using PO Reference - for the quantity / amount he did IR.

5) When Vendor sends the Goods actually, then GR can be done as usual for the quantity stated in PO since the present GR is for zero quantity

6) And do IR accordingly.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you have difficulties to load screenshots then change the zoom in your browser and try again.

Anyhow,  zero multiplied by 1000 is still zero, and because of that fact you will not have an accounting document. I don't think we need a screenshot for this part.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have material document, then  cancel that material document in MIGO

OR

Share detailed screens

1. PO with quantity

2.PO history

3.GR for PO

4. MSEG  with movement type for PO

5. MBST error screen

Regards,

Biju K

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the movement type in the GR document - it could be 103, which wont update the quantity.

Anyway, user should be able to cancel the document. If not, please check whether the user has sufficient authorization for cancellation. Ask the user to insert /nsu53 in the command bar immediately after getting the message in MBST and check the authorization check.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked its for 101 movement type.

I will ask user to check cancellation authourization in /nSU53

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you actually expect from a cancellation of a 0 quantity receipt?

This would create just another document with 0 quantity. So what is the goal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes correct, but i thought if possible i will cancel this material document in MBST.

As its zero quantity, whether we cancel or not there is no impact then i will ask user to create GR with correct quantity.

Regards

Irfan A B

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you got time then read your sentence again:

I have suggested them to cancel material document in MBST transaction, but got update from user that "line item doesn't exist" and now i have asked user to save in MBST and awaiting their reply.

Why should it now be different than before?

Are you certain it is zero, did you check at table level (MSEG)? it may be a receipt with a unit that does not display decimals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Yes it was for zero quantity. I checked in MSEG its for movement type 101.

Please advise how to reverse this GR.