Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.6c on oracle 10.2 or oracle 11.2

mandeep_kauldhar
Participant
0 Kudos

Helli Gurus,

i need some guidance on recent changes for 4.6c installation on 10.2 .. if anybody installed 4.6c on oracle 10.2 or 10.2.0.5 (patch) or 11.2?

I trying to install on 10.2 but it always tell me that the oracle not installed. I want to avoid addition extended cost for oracle patch 10.2.0.5 if possible. Can we install 4.6c on oracle 11.2 (i tried but am facing the same issue described in thread )?

before you say anything i am going through a lot documents and sap notes which at some point doesn't work as described; so thought to put this question.

Any help would be helpful.

I have to install 4.6c either way even if i have to extended support for oracle patch 10.2.0.5.

thanks

Mani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mandeep,

For installing R/3 4.6C you might have to go for Kernels which are provided by SAP for extended support customers.

I believe you might have to download Extended Kernels for 4.6C installation.

Regards

Anand

mandeep_kauldhar
Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for late reply. I do have cd/dvd from SAP lab for 4.6c but with Oracle 9.2 . I also have Extended Kernel dvds but looks like inside only 4.6d kernel not 4.6d_ext kernel.

I am trying to know if anybody installed 4.6c recently. I installed this many times in past but the old way was on Windows 2000/oracle 817 and that was smooth.

Now it looks like a tedious path. as of now i get i have to install these in sequence:

1. install oracle 9.2 or install oracle to 10.2

2. upgrade oracle to 10.2.0.2 or 10.2.0.4

3. Use 4.6d_ext kernel (didnt get with dvds although mentioned in PAM)

So anybody who actually did this.

Mandeep