cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sterling VAN connectivity from SAP PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear folks,

We have a scenario where trading partners are placing their 850 and other ANSI X12 EDI messages in the Sterling VAN.

From there SAP PO has to pick up the EDI messages and should be converted into IDOCs and other way round also.

Which B2B addon adapter is having the capability to connect to Sterling VAN to pull the EDI messages or Push the EDI messages?

Thanks

Sridhar Goli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I guess VAN connection is using the SFTP protocol, no?

Did you try SAP's SFTP adapter?

Perhaps AS2? But I'm not familiar with Sterling.

Have a look at the connection requirements and revert back.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dimitri,

We are assuming it supports SFTP protocol to connect to VAN.

When I look into  that Streling VAN it is looking like a mailbox containing the messages from multiple partners.

So my question is,

By using SFTP adapter, if we get all EDI messages (combination of transactions 850,830 and 862 from multiple partners) as one file into SAP PO, how to split each transaction corresponding to each partner number?

Ex. Walmart 850 X12 File, Costco 850 X12 File, Walmart 830 X12 File, Costco 830 X12 File... so on.

I know that we can split the EDI messages based on transaction number.

Is this possible using EDI separator? How we can achive this in SAP B2B Addon EDI Separator?

Thanks

Sridhar Goli

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

When EDI interchanges are offered to SAP PO, the EDI separator adapter will split them into individual messages for further processing.

Look at the SAP help or browse through SCN. You will find many blogs and examples how to set it up.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Dimitri,

I have gone through many blogs in scn.

My requirement is little different. I have to generate the files for each transaction and for each customer/partner.

For example, If edi fille contains 850,830 transaction with 2 patners. then output should be 4 files( Customer1 850, customer2 850, customer1 830 and customer2 830).

Thanks

Sridhar Goli

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can split, based on sender ID.

For further splitting, I guess you need multi mapping.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sridhar,

Are you able to implement the scenario? You can easily handle this in mapping for different partners. You can generate idoc for each partner.

Please let us all know, if you implemented anyother logic to achieve it

Regards,

Ragu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Very much for your responses.

We connected using SFTP adapter to pull the files from Sterling VAN.

SAP PO is getting individual file for each customer instead of one big file with multiple customer informations.

So achieved using EDI separator to process the inbound EDI files.

Best Regards

Sridhar Goli

Answers (0)