cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MATMAS Idoc is not failing for external NR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have setup the NR as 1 - 100 and marked as External NR. I have assigned the Material type to this NR object.

When i post the MATMAS idoc with material number as 1000, it is successfully getting posted.

It should fail and gives the error as"

Number 1000 not defined for material type"

I am getting the above error when i try manually in MM01.

Pls help to fix this issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its not a bug, its a feature, which I use daily in my migration projects, I can load with predefined numbers even if the material type does not have an external number range at all.

Internal numbers are automatically assigned if you do not have any entry in e1maram-matnr field. But whenever there is a value in e1maram-matnr then it get posted with that value

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's weird that even if you are giving any number , it is posting the value which is not in the NR.

Should i need to write a custom logic to fix this?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you need this desperately then yes.

Why do you get MATMAS Idocs with wrong unwanted numbers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have mutliple NR grouped with diff Mat types. If case, they sent the wrong number with incorrect material type, it is creating in SAP.

Around 15 mat types are there, so only i am concerned on this. Also , we have mutliple source systems.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This does not explain why a number can be wrong. If that is the case the number in the source system is wrong too.

So you should not try to restrict the end (MATMAS Idoc), do the customizing where the problem starts as this can be restricted easily. How to do this is explained countless times in SCN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

I don't know the MATMAS Idoc type, but I do know the ORDERS05 / DELVRY07 etc.

What I can say to give some inputs on your question is that for an INBOUND process , when the IDOC contains more than 1 item :

- If the localisation of the IDOC-segment containing item information, is not in the same sequence  of your object in SAP, the system will automatically re-associate a NR to it.

In a nutshell you can sum-up the idea like this (let's say you are in WE02 tcode)  :

Use case : Sale Orders Outbound and Inbound (with change) process : 

Outbound IDOC (or Object) :            Inbound IDOC (yours)                          

Header Segment                               Header Segment

- item A related segment          |          - Item B related segment

- item B related segment          |          - Item A related segment

- item C related segment          |          - Item C related segment

Result :

Item B Number Range and Item A Number Range will be somehow "re-generate" again.

Hope it gives you some keys. Don't hesitate to share your solution please.

Best regards,

Emeric.

jagdeepsingh83
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto SNRO or following customizing path for defining material number range.

For SNRO-Type Number range object MATERIALNR, Click on Ranges Button, Check your material type falls into one of group that have number range assigned.

Also check number range assign have external nr indicator checked or not.

Your error is relevant to number ranges on material master. Do a little search on this topic you will find lot of helpful documents.

e.g.

Material Master Number Ranges - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN Wiki

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1954090