cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customer hierarchies as attributes of 0customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement, where in I have to load the customer hierarchies as the attributes for the 0customer infoobject. Instead of loading the hierarchies as a parent /child, I have to flatten the hierarchy and load as the attributes of customer. we have about 8 hierarchies been defined for a customer.

Can anyone help me out with this? Is it possible to create a data source in sap ecc with this and load it into BW?

Quick reply is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A solution direction is a generic DataSource using a Function Module (in the source system). You will have to find out in which tables the hierarchies are stored. You also have to define an approach how to translate the hierarchy structure (i.e. level 1, level 2, and so on) into an x number of Characteristics (representing a particular hierarchy and level in that hierarchy).

Best regards,

Sander

Former Member
0 Kudos

if I have to do it the BW side, can you please tell me the procedure to do it?

sander_vanwilligen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also in this approach you will have to define an approach how to translate the hierarchy structure (i.e. level 1, level 2, and so on) into an x number of Characteristics (representing a particular hierarchy and level in that hierarchy). Unfortunately I don't have a procedure how to do it since it will be dependent on your specific situation (i.e. which hierarchies, which levels are required, unbalanced or balanced hierarchies, ...).

Best regards,

Sander