Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Ordering Party Determination in Forwarding Order

former_member221896
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am planning to configure Automatic Ordering Party Determination in TM Forwarding Order based on Sales Organization. Let's say I have three Ordering Party, refering to different Sales Organization & all are using same Forwarding Order Type:1001. While creating new FWO, business user has to enter the ordering party number manually within Business Partner tab. So to avoid this manual entry within FWO, plan is to configure automatic determination of Ordering Party.We can ask business user to enter Sales Organization (for example: COLES) in first entry screen of FWO & this sales organization will drive ordering party determination & sales group determination automatically.

Example:

FWO Type          Sales Organization          Ordering Party

1001                    COLES                           11006450

1001                    WOOLIES                       11006460

1001                    TARGET                         11006470

Solution: I think this is possible thru Partner Profile determination & implementation of BADI (BADI: Specific Partner Assignment). Also we can implement one BRF+ Condition table to maintain the above entries and we can reference the BRF+ condition table in BADI.

Question: Do you think this approach will work & also create performance issue while creating FWO?

Best Regards

Umesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh,

For using BRF+, you will need to make sure at what point the condition runs and whether it has the dependent values available at that point to populate Ordering Party- I guess I faced some issues when I attempted something similar.

Using BADi may be a better idea. In doing so however you will need to be careful about the Sales Org number and Ordering Party number that you use in the code since they will need to be consistent across all systems (DEV, QA and PRD) for the code to work fine..

BR

narender

former_member221896
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Narender,

Thanks for quick reply.

Actually we have one standard Condition Type:/SCMTMS/TRQ_ORGUNIT to determine the Sales Organization in Forwarding order but unfortunately there is no standard condition type available for Ordering Party determination.

Yes, you are correct that Sales Org & Ordering party number should be consistent across all systems. But my only concern is whether it will create any performance issue?  But SAP recommends to implement BADI(BADI: Specific Partner Assignment) with our own logic to determine ordering party in FWO.

BR

Umesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, it should not give any performance issues- the logic is pretty straightforward.

One tip- to make it easier and safer, you can include SID (system ID) as a variable in your determination logic for ordering party. This way you won't have to worry about keeping the SOrg and BP numbers consistent.

E.g.-

SID     FWO Type     SOrg            OrdPty

DTM    FWO1             COLES         1223901

BR

narender