Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to 7.40 from 7.30 load balancing is not available

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm trying to upgrade from 7.30 to 7.40. As mentioned in the header, I got the problem, that the load balancing-entries are not migrated correct.

I found this blog

which explains how to do it manually, but this is not practicable for my logon because I got more than a hundred systems in.

I also found a nice sounded OSS note (882741), but this note is not released yet.

Can someone tell me, if there is a workaround which does not mean that I have to create UUID's by my own or is there another patch available which will fix my problem and I do search at the wrong places?

~Florian

PS: Sorry for the german screens

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Florian,

Regarding note 882741, this will be archived,as it relates the root-cause to be Microsoft Messenger,which created conflicting registry entries.

It states:

The reason for this malfunction is, that the datatype of the registry value HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TCPIP\Parameters\DatabasePath
was changed from REG_EXPAND_SZ to REG_SZ.

The following programs are currently known to cause this registry change:

• Starting MSN Messenger 7.5 "Connection Troubleshooter" (Build 7.5.0299).
    • Installation of MSN Messenger 7.0 or MSN Messenger 7.5 with the option automatic scanning and configuration of ports.

This modification prevents the expansion of environment variables in the value of the parameter. Therefore,
      %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc
is not translated to
   c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc
and the services database is not found by the API function getservbyname().

If you have checked the datatype of registry value DatabasePath and it is REG_EXPAND_SZ, apply SAP Note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes52959 to check the appropriate settings in the services file.

Regards,

Jude

Florian
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

thank you for the help. I will give it a try tomorrow.

Anyway, I do not understand, why the migration-tool itself isn't fixed yet. Patchlevel 3 is already released. Seems like I'm the only one fighting this problem...

~Florian

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

I haven't rolled out 7.40 myself, but a while back I wrote a document series on setting up Installation Servers for 7.30, and as part of that I included instructions for using shared central configuration files (saplogon.ini) instead of distributing them to all the users.

One of the folks commenting on the blog came up with and published in a comment how to do the same thing for 7.40, and I believe this can be adapted to your situation:  .

Cheers,

Matt

EDIT:  For some reason my link didn't work to go straight to the relevant comment. Trying again:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-55634#comment-605380

Message was edited by: Matt Fraser