cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filename name at receiving system should be same as sending system.

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

My scenario is to send XML files from one FTP site to another. Contents of the file will remain same in the receiving system.

I have created same data types for sending and receiving systems. Mapping has been created which is one to one. I have created Interface Mapping.

Now in the receiving communication channel, can I give same filename as receiving system? ( sending system generates files with different names) which needs to be moved to destination FTP site.

What configurations needs to be done in File Adapter at the receiving end.

Your valuable inputs / idea / suggestions / clues are highly valued.

Best Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

nagendra.krishna@hp.com

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

for giving the same file name in the receiving system as sender file name , give the dummy in the reciving system and check the file name check box in adapter specific attributes .

see the below link

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14 - sender file name as receiver file name

Regards

Chilla

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chilla,

You mentioned dummy in the filename, can you please let me know what should come under filename in the receiving channel..

Again step 3 is bit confusing, what that java code will get inserted..

Many thanks for your quick response.

Regards

Nagendra Krishna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you want to use the same file name from source to target, no need for any code as shown in Michal's blog.

Just do this,

1. In sender and receiver file adapter --> Select Adapter Specific Identifiers --> FileName.

2. In the receiver file adapter , for the filename give some dummy value

The source filename will not be used a sthe target filename.

Regards

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes , you have to give dummy filename , any one yaar, give like Dummy.

step 3.

you have to create a UDF , map from source node root to target root node.

use the same code to get the source file name into payload, this will be send to target node.

i hope it is clear.

also see the below links

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/04/03/xi-in-the-role-of-a-ftp

Regards

Chilla

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bhavesh & Chilla,

"Thanks a lot" for your quick response and timely help. My problem got solved now and I am able to get files in destination.

Just one curosity question, why we dont need IR in this case?.

Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you are using XI as a mere FTP with no mapping , you can use Dummy message Interface name etc in the ID while creating the ConfigurationScenario.

Look into this blog to understand what I meant.

Regards

Bhavesh

nkr1shna
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Nagendra Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Is XI Actiong as a mere FTP? In that case no need for any IR content. Look at this blog to understand how XI can transfer files without any IR content itself,

/people/william.li/blog/2006/09/08/how-to-send-any-data-even-binary-through-xi-without-using-the-integration-repository

2. To have the same source filenaame as target side,

In sender file adapter --> Select Adapter Specific identifiers --> FileName

In the receievr file adapter --> Select Adapter Specific identifiers --> FileName

In the recevier file adapter for the FileName give some dummy valuue. in the runtime the filename will be taken as the source filename.

Regards

Bhavesh