Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Business Roles and Provisining Environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

I have the following requirement:

I need to connect GRC for ARM (user provisioning) against an ECC system with the following landscape:

• DEV - QUA - PrePROD - PROD

In GRC 10.1 if you use Business Roles - if the role is assigned to the Group Connector - it is possible to select to which system to provide (DEV, QUA and PROD) . See image below:

But this functionality is not covering my requirement because i also have a Pre-PROD system. Do you know if it is possible - via standard customizing - to include different Environment in the Maintain Connector Settings SPRO customization?

What is your recomendation in that scenario? Would you create the business under the same Connector Group or under specific Connectors?

Kind regards and thank you.

Sara.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Whilst SAP only seem to provide 3 environments out of the box, I believe it may be possible to add an additional one manually.

The "Environment" field in the screen above has the following technical details:

Table Name         GRACV_CONNSTAT (i.e. the table that stores the config info)

Table category     Generated view structure

Field Name          ENVIRONMENT

Data Element       GRAC_SYS_TYPE (this is the data element that holds the values Dev, QA, Prod).

In SE11, I have had a look at the data element and tried to see if the values are pre-populated in the corresponding domain, and they are (see screenshot below).

With a developer key, you may be able to modify this list and add a "Pre-Prod" option. Remember the fixed value has to be of 3 chars length.

I would advise to get some assistance from a good developer and check if this data element/domain is modifiable as it is not from a customer name-space.

All the best and I hope that has answered your question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.