Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inner joins in a scripted calculation view

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to use a scripted calculation view for one of the requirement. I have a fact table and 10 dimension tables and need to join all of them. Though, the requirement could be easily done in an analytical view the requirement is to get this done through a scripted calculation view. My question is, if i use one query and join all the attribute views in it , would that affect performance?

Like , var_out = select field1,field2 from fact table inner join attribute view 1 on <condition> inner join attribute view 2 on <condition>...

Is the above query ok on performane or is there an better way to handle the above requirement in a scripted calculation view?

Thanks,

Prem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Any thoughts?

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just about a single hour before urging up your question? Seriously?

Personally I view this forum as a place for voluntary knowledge exchange - not as a on-demand quick answer dispenser.

Impatiently demanding answers like this really makes me feel to not answer.

Good luck with this approach.

- Lars

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

@ Lars - Did not mean to demand answer and i am of the same view as yours that this is a forum for voluntary exchange of information and ideas. The only intention was to keep the thread in the top so that it doesn't go unnoticed .

Regards,

Prem

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please don't do that. It's SPAM and it is turning your original question to SPAM, too.

former_member182337
Participant
0 Kudos

Will ensure from now on ,Lars. Sorry. I will wait for a reply related to this.