cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BusinessObjects Enterprise prompt appears when sending keystrokes while computer is locked

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies if there is a solution to this posted elsewhere on the forums or in documentation, but I haven't been able to find anything on this.

I'm using Windows 7 and Crystal Reports 2011 version 14.0.4.738 RTM.

The problem occurs when I try to automate my reports using programs that send keystrokes via code like Autoit. Everything runs normally both when running my reports manually and with the Autoit script, so long as the computer is logged in.

However, when I run the automation script while the computer is locked, instead of the prompt for parameters, it prompts me for a CMC BusinessObjects enterprise log in, defaulting to the computer name for the 'System' dropdown box, the same username I use to connect to my databases, a blank password field, and Enterprise selected for the 'Authentication' drop down.

I do not have/use crystal server/CMC, so I'm not sure why it is suddenly giving me a prompt for this system when the computer is locked.

Is there any way to disable the "Log On to BusinessObjects Enterpirse" prompt from appearing when sending keystrokes while the computer is locked?  Does anybody know what causes this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

I believe when in Lock mode, only certain keys are actually allowed / interpreted. E.g.; in the sequence of keystrokes you are sending, some are being ignored, leading to misinterpretation of what it is that CR should be doing. Autoit documentation should / may be able to give yo more details on how it behaves when the computer is locked.

You may also want to see the referenced links in this post:

run script on locked computer - AutoIt General Help and Support - AutoIt Forums

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter